02-11-2013 03:22 PM
    I will probably update later this evening or sometime tomorrow. As always, I appreciate the heads-up, Keith.
    02-11-2013 03:27 PM
    since i just updated/JB to iOS6.1 i'm good until the next major update/JB comes out.

I'm not even thinking of this update since I'll loose my JB...

But for all those non-Jailbroke users.. have at it.... :-)

(or will this not affect the current evasiOn jailbreak since it's till an iOS 6.x version?)
    02-11-2013 04:07 PM
    Just tweet'd a short while ago...

BestCydiaTweaks @BestCydiaTweaks

Apple released iOS 6.1.1. Don`t upgrade if you want to keep your #jailbreak
    02-11-2013 04:09 PM
    And this, about 5 min ago:
    planetbeing ‏@planetbeing

Apple released 6.1.1 for the 4S only today. The JB still works fine. We will release an updated evasi0n that recognizes it as supported.
    02-11-2013 04:11 PM
    (or will this not affect the current evasiOn jailbreak since it's till an iOS 6.x version?)
    The evasiOn jailbreak will not work on the 6.1.1

Per above, I stand corrected...
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    02-11-2013 04:12 PM
    I am going to do it, probably through iTunes, and see if that helps. I have restored as new twice now and still having a ton of drama.
    02-11-2013 04:49 PM
    I am going to do it, probably through iTunes, and see if that helps. I have restored as new twice now and still having a ton of drama.
    like what??
    02-11-2013 05:13 PM
    I will probably update later this evening or sometime tomorrow. As always, I appreciate the heads-up, Keith.
    I just saw this update come available today as well, and I'm thinking about upgrading myself. Although, I'm not sure if I will. I may just pass on this one being everything is running fine on my 4S currently
    02-11-2013 05:43 PM
    like what??
    I still constantly lose my signal. Still. If you recall, for the last year plus, I've lost signal constantly and I've had like 19 iPhone4S's. Neither Apple nor ATT has any answers, STILL. Neither wants me to get an upgrade or switch to any kind of other phone.
    02-11-2013 05:57 PM
    I still constantly lose my signal. Still. If you recall, for the last year plus, I've lost signal constantly and I've had like 19 iPhone4S's. Neither Apple nor ATT has any answers, STILL. Neither wants me to get an upgrade or switch to any kind of other phone.
    19? After about 10 I would have asked for another phone I am surprised they didn't give you another phone to save the hassle of them constantly replacing the iphone. Then again it could be at&t and their poor network causing problems.
    02-11-2013 06:44 PM
    02-11-2013 06:49 PM
    I just saw this update come available today as well, and I'm thinking about upgrading myself. Although, I'm not sure if I will. I may just pass on this one being everything is running fine on my 4S currently
    I'm really not in a rush to update to iOS 6.1.1, especially after having restored my 4S as new last night........Furthermore, I'm not having or have ever had battery-related problems with my iPhone since I purchased it in Oct. 2011. I've noticed that with each update, there are reports of battery problems, then Apple releases an update that allegedly addresses those problems. To be honest, I feel that this update is only to diminish the negative publicity they've been receiving as of late and yes, I do believe the negative publicity is "deliberate". If the so-called battery problems haven't been fixed by now, I doubt they ever will. Of course, I'm just stating my personal & fact-less opinion.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 02-11-2013 at 07:33 PM.
    02-11-2013 06:57 PM
    I have already made up my mind that I am not going to upgrade to 6.1.1 because it only addresses cellular data and I am not having any trouble at all with 6.1 and my battery issue I spoke to you about Pink has worked itself out. Getting great battery life. Thank you for your help and advice you gave me.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 02-11-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    02-11-2013 07:27 PM
    I'm really not in a rush to update to iOS 6.1.1, especially after having restore my 4S as new last night........Furthermore, I'm not having or have ever had battery related problems with my iPhone since I purchased it in Oct. 2011. I've noticed that with each update, there are reports of battery problems then Apple releases an update that allegedly addresses those problems. To be honest, I feel that this update is only to diminish the negative publicity they've been receiving as of late and yes, I do believe the negative publicity is "deliberate". If the so-called battery problems haven't been fixed by now, I doubt they ever will. Of course, I'm just stating my personal & fact-less opinion.
    Well I liked the whole thread especially the fact-less opinion....

PS I upgraded to 6.1 normally through iTunes w/o restoring as new and everything could not be better. Never had to tweek anything except the screen brightness that went down a bit and I just turned it up a bit. I did not have to touch anything else. Smooth as silk..
    02-11-2013 07:30 PM
    Well I liked the whole thread especially the fact-less opinion....

PS I upgraded to 6.1 normally through iTunes w/o restoring as new and everything could not be better. Never had to tweek anything except the screen brightness that went down a bit and I just turned it up a bit. I did not have to touch anything else. Smooth as silk..
    You should know by now that I speak my mind and that I try to do it respectfully......as for updating iOS, the process has always been smooth in my experience as well. If or when I do update to iOS 6.1.1, I doubt that I'll restore as new even though that is my normal routine.
    02-11-2013 07:38 PM
    You should know by now that I speak my mind and that I try to do it respectfully......as for updating iOS, the process has always been smooth in my experience as well. If or when I do update to iOS 6.1.1, I doubt that I'll restore as new even though that is my normal routine.
    Yes 'D I do know by now you speak your mind and I have also told you that is the reason among many that I respect those opinions as well as you as you as an individual. We have no problem understanding each other there.

I have never yet upgraded any OS as new just a normal upgrade USB through iTunes and have yet to have any issues except for the one I mentioned and to me that is meaningless.

Anyway thank you for your comments and support the same as what i get from Pink and it is all much appreciated.

I will catch you on Twitter as I have enjoyed much of what I have learned even from you there.

Honestly and being your own person goes a very long way with me my good friend.
    02-11-2013 08:26 PM
    I'm thinking about upgrading to 6.1.1, not having any problems with 6.1. Any feedback is appreciated.
    aiu0462 likes this.
    02-11-2013 08:33 PM
    @D, I'm not having any issues either(battery etc), nor have I ever since having my device just a month after you-Nov 2011. The only little inkling I had was the other night when I went to use one of my auto text shortcuts it wouldn't spell out what it should have. A simple power cycle of turning my device off/on corrected this for me. I also know you speak your mind here regardless of whether someone will or will not agree with you, and I respect you for that as for this update, I tend agree with your reasoning on it a bit. It just really seems Apple has been more under the microscope lately than the "norm". This update is to "correct" any connectivity issues (3G) which thankfully, I've never had to encounter. Enjoy the rest of your evening

@Jags - like you, I will probably hold off on this update as well. I'm sure you've been reading about the issues in Europe with 3G connectivity problems, where as thankfully my 4S has been running nicely. As for you battery issue you briefly encountered, I'm glad to hear all is well in JagVille😃👍 and your very welcome for the help I've given you !! I'm always glad to help when I can😊

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-11-2013 08:45 PM
    @D, I'm not having any issues either(battery etc), nor have I ever since having my device just a month after you-Nov 2011. The only little inkling I had was the other night when I went to use one of my auto text shortcuts it wouldn't spell out what it should have. A simple power cycle of turning my device off/on corrected this for me. I also know you speak your mind here regardless of whether someone will or will not agree with you, and I respect you for that as for this update, I tend agree with your reasoning on it a bit. It just really seems Apple has been more under the microscope lately than the "norm". This update is to "correct" any connectivity issues (3G) which thankfully, I've never had to encounter. Enjoy the rest of your evening

@Jags - like you, I will probably hold off on this update as well. I'm sure you've been reading about the issues in Europe with 3G connectivity problems, where as thankfully my 4S has been running nicely. As for you battery issue you briefly encountered, I'm glad to hear all is well in JagVille and your very welcome for the help I've given you !! I'm always glad to help when I can

This is the exact reason why I own an OS device like the iPhone and am a member of this forum and among many members here 2 of my rock solid favs like you and 'D who are always instrumental in taking time to advice me has never been wrong. Neither one of you have ever given me bad advice and have taken the time to explain how and why and that is what counts in my book. Once again thank you both for the friendship and I look forward as always in seeing you both on here. Have a great night Pink and Yes also since I bought my 4S a month after you a year ago it has been flawless with no issues.

Bless you both for the friendship!
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 02-11-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    02-11-2013 08:52 PM
    I'm thinking about upgrading to 6.1.1, not having any problems with 6.1. Any feedback is appreciated.
    Well, pr1nce, this update was to address 3G connectivity issues that some were seeing (mostly Europe from what I understand) and personally, my device is running clean. So, with that being said, I'm going to probably pass this one up. But it's all personal preference on whether you want to upgrade or pass this time around.

02-11-2013 09:01 PM
    19? After about 10 I would have asked for another phone I am surprised they didn't give you another phone to save the hassle of them constantly replacing the iphone. Then again it could be at&t and their poor network causing problems.
    It started specifically after my iPhone 4 was stolen. It's been going on forever and I am about to just upgrade since it seems there will not be resolution. I have even changed phone numbers and gotten new accounts. So something somewhere is borked. It's been ongoing for a long long time.
    02-11-2013 09:57 PM
    After I upgraded to 6.1.1 my apps wont update anymore. Can someone pls help me about this? very much appreciated. thank you
    02-11-2013 10:32 PM
    After I upgraded to 6.1.1 my apps wont update anymore. Can someone pls help me about this? very much appreciated. thank you
    Can you please be more specific? Are you referring to 3rd party apps? If so, how many? Do they not even begin to update or are not they finishing the update? If you've restored as new after upgrading and you opted to reinstall your apps from the purchased section of the App Store, it may take a while. Also, are you connected to the Internet, preferably via Wi-Fi so that the apps can update/reinstall, if applicable?
    02-11-2013 10:43 PM
    Update done. But non JB'ed

Seems okay with me and glad updates or fixes are coming along....
    02-12-2013 01:02 AM
47 12