iOS 6.1.1 released for iPhone4S

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I did it through iTunes...so far it's not helping a lot. Still losing service, still serious drain of battery. Guess Ill be on like #20 this week.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did it through iTunes...so far it's not helping a lot. Still losing service, still serious drain of battery. Guess Ill be on like #20 this week.

I'm sorry ame, but I simply refuse and I mean REFUSE to believe that 19 separate iPhones have been defective for you. I know you never said that they were. Your problem more than likely lies with your carrier or the area in which you live. Excessive battery drain and loss of signal on all 18 previous devices as well as your current one all but confirms it. What doesn't make sense "to me" is you saying that the problem started after your iPhone 4 was stolen. So until that happened, I assume you had no battery drain or loss of signal. Is that right? I am also assuming that you reported the device as stolen to your carrier and that a replacement iPhone 4 failed to perform as well as the stolen one. Right? Have you considered changing carriers?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
You can refuse to believe it all you want. Call the executive VP and the engineers handling it. I think there's sometihng wrong with my account, and the Apple engineers agree with that, and the phone is looking for some piece of information, and eventually fries itself bec it cannot find it. Every phone with exception of 2 so far, upon inspection when the Apple engineers get it, has shown that the radio is "fried". They can't explain the problem, they don't know why it's doing it. ATT can't come up with a solution. Without paying ETFs on multiple lines, changing carriers hasn't been an option. It literally was not a problem on the iPhone 4 I had whih was a phone i bought new and direct from them and was not a problem prior to the theft. It started with the theft and the 4s that replaced the stolen phone which we bought using a friends upgrade, returned and repurchased on my own account as I was on vacation when it was stolen and my friend didn't want me paying full price for the phone. So I agreed. AT&T and apple can't figure out if there's an option wrong or what. But somewhere there's a problem. They don't want me to upgrade (to anything) til its figured out and just keep replacing it. At least 5 of the 4s came from a box brand new and not as warranty not including the one I bought. The 4 was new as well.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can refuse to believe it all you want. Call the executive VP and the engineers handling it.
There is no need
I think there's sometihng wrong with my account, and the Apple engineers agree with that,
The concentration of my post was in reference to your focus on "loss of signal" and "excessive battery drain" from "19 separate iPhones" and not in regard to your account.
and the phone is looking for some piece of information, and eventually fries itself bec it cannot find it.
Are you saying it is looking for account-related information via your carrier's signal?
Every phone with exception of 2 so far, upon inspection when the Apple engineers get it, has shown that the radio is "fried".
Wow!
They can't explain the problem, they don't know why it's doing it.
Okay. I hope you're documenting your calls & visits in regard to the geniuses & engineers.
ATT can't come up with a solution.
Of course not
Without paying ETFs on multiple lines, changing carriers hasn't been an option.
What! With all that you've just mentioned, AT&T is not allowing you to exit your contract without paying an ETF on "multiple" lines? are you friggin' kiddin' me? Are you having problems on the other lines or just yours? How long have you been with AT&T? Have you written/emailed their corporate people?
It literally was not a problem on the iPhone 4 I had and was not a problem prior to the theft. It started with the theft and the 4s issues.
Unbelievable.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Without paying ETFs on multiple lines, changing carriers hasn't been an option.
I'm surprised AT&T didn't just offer to drop the ETFs and let you go if you wanted to... I know back in the day, Alltel did it for some customers I'm aware of... And a few Verizon customers too.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes the VP involved is in the corporate office. I had him involved fast. Theres RF techs too, weve run trace route test calls like ten times at my house and work and parents house and i live in a major att hub as do my in laws so i give addresses so they can track towers where i have issues. they replaced two by my house a few months back to rule that out (not specifically to my issue, they probably needed updating anyway).

for about eight months now, i have weekly conference calls with two AT&T engineers, at least one apple engineer, at least one advisor from apple and myself. My husband is on as many as he can as well, he works in networking for the carrier as well. We record all the calls so we have all names dates and times. I have amassed a ridiculous amount of notes and such from this. The guess is account related but we don't know. We set up a new number and account with a new phone and new everything in Oct to try things out and it started happening again even before we forwarded calls two weeks later from the old number using a store model phone. That we thought meant it was hardware. New phone: same issue. Used my husbands 4 and same issue. So we're trying to find the problem. We unforwarded calls and started over and it was ok for a while and then started again after about a month, right on schedule. We originally thought it was the actual number but that proved us wrong. They are trying to figure out if the person that stole it didn't totally wipe my phone when they put their sim in and if that's the problem as well. But the way AT&T handled stolen phones before now ... No way to track my old phone.

The etf thing is bec I have several lines on the account and they're not having issues. So spinning them off or moving them causes new fees. It's a pain in the butt. I didn't want to do the new number/etc bec my business line is tied to that number but I just had enough. It's been 16 months. I don't know what the deal is anymore.

It's seriously bizarre. I've tolerated it forever in part bec I want to know wtf it is and why and I would eventually like to upgrade. I wanted to try a diff phone, any phone. They seem to want me not to, in part to rule hardware out but probably bec apple is so interested in figuring it out. The same engineer gets any phone that gets turned in for review. I'm like a test rabbit.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised AT&T didn't just offer to drop the ETFs and let you go if you wanted to... I know back in the day, Alltel did it for some customers I'm aware of... And a few Verizon customers too.

I have several lines and moving them around is a big pain in the butt. I don't want to deal with two carriers either. And getting Verizon to work with this experiment would be a hassle bec it isn't something that would be a 2 week test. It's longer term.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2