I have no idea if my passbook works or what it's supposed to look like. I open the app and it has the Welcome page with the little box at the bottom "Apps for Passbook."

I click on the box and it takes me to a page that shows what apps are available for Passbook.. I selected Starbucks, Fandango, and Apple Store and the buttons next to each now say "Open."

Is this all there is? I thought that once you selected the apps, then fired up Passbook, they'd be there.. not just a link to the AppStore
    02-08-2013 05:43 PM
    I have no idea if my passbook works or what it's supposed to look like. I open the app and it has the Welcome page with the little box at the bottom "Apps for Passbook."

I click on the box and it takes me to a page that shows what apps are available for Passbook.. I selected Starbucks, Fandango, and Apple Store and the buttons next to each now say "Open."

Is this all there is? I thought that once you selected the apps, then fired up Passbook, they'd be there.. not just a link to the AppStore
    Passbook can be viewed as an app that stores your alternative payment methods instead of using cash. It can also be viewed as an app that stores many of your coupons, reward cards and other retail cards. For instance, instead of paying with cash or taking out your Starbucks card, you can simply have the clerk scan your Starbucks insert via Passbook. Now, to get you started, go to www.coupons.com/passbook via your iPhone's Safari browser and peruse the coupons listing you may be interested in. Whichever coupon you want, simply select "add to Passbook". The actual passbook coupon will display on the screen. All you do then is select "Add" in the upper right corner. The coupon will then be displayed in your Passbook app until you delete it.
    02-08-2013 06:05 PM
    Passbook can be viewed as an app that stores your alternative payment methods instead of using cash. It can also be viewed as an app that stores many of your coupons, reward cards and other retail cards. For instance, instead of paying with cash or taking out your Starbucks card, you can simply have the clerk scan your Starbucks insert via Passbook. Now, to get you started, go to Coupon Codes and Free Promotional Codes for 1,000s of Stores | Coupons.com via your iPhone's Safari browser and peruse the coupons listing you may be interested in. Whichever coupon you want, simply select "add to Passbook". The actual passbook coupon will display on the screen. All you do then is select "Add" in the upper right corner. The coupon will then be displayed in your Passbook app until you delete it.
    That worked but I still have no idea how to itegrate cards like my Starbucks into passbook. All it seems to do is provide a link to the app store app. I I can get to my actual Starbucks card on my phone faster than using the passbook method.
    02-08-2013 10:20 PM
    That worked but I still have no idea how to itegrate cards like my Starbucks into passbook. All it seems to do is provide a link to the app store app. I I can get to my actual Starbucks card on my phone faster than using the passbook method.
    For cards like Starbuck's, Walgreen's, etcetera, download and install the Starbuck's & Walgreen's apps. Inside the individual apps, there's a "send to Passbook" option. You can then delete those apps, however, apps like Starbuck's are still needed to auto-update the Passbook app, mainly in regard to your remaining balance.
    02-08-2013 10:25 PM
    Your looking at it the wrong way you have to use the app like star bucks or fandango to add the ticket or card or pass into the passbook app .. After you use the app of choice then the card will be in the passbook app until you delete it

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    02-08-2013 11:17 PM