iOS 6.1 Available - Fixes/Update - Feedback thread

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have a stupid question. My sister has an iPhone from work and it prompted her to update but it said it was beta.
gupybeta.jpg

Why beta? She is a nurse. Not a developer or anything.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You could try updating through iTunes, since (correct me if I'm wrong) it's beta 5 not the 4 the same as the final release.

Honestly don't know. Don't think she can via iTunes. It's a locked down work one. I'm not sure. I told her to contact IT dept.

ssandler77

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my wife's iPhone 4s to 6.1. There were many issues but finally was able to upgrade and restored and phone is now running 6.1. I am experiencing an issue with no updates for email, weather, Facebook,etc. The phone is activated, imessage and sms messages work. Email will only work if i manually refresh.

I read that notifications, or push might be off, they all appear to be on? Should i rest phone back to factory and reset everything back up, or should I head to Verizon and tell them something is wrong?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you have the Popular Science app in your iPad NewsStand - you'll notice that iOS6.1 breaks it... The Feb issue downloads, but hitting "Read" gives the spinning daisy of infinite wait... I can see an app update in the future... :)

Edit to add: I un-installed and re-installed the app - and it's working now... go figure.

Last edited:

tomo63

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
There are other apps that are crashing now on 6.1 yet were stable prior. For me, the main one is OneSafe.
stack trace in the diagnostic looks like a leak. Who knows, but we will likely see updates when enough users complain.

RJKinsman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Yikes! I accepted the iOS 6.1 OTA update today and before the update was complete, my phone went into recovery mode. I had to restore it via iTunes and it went back to factory default! But then, thankfully, almost everything was restored from an iCloud backup earlier today. That was quite inconvenient and a little scary.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is atrocious. I did the update Thursday night, yesterday from 100% fullcharge at 7am with me barely touching it other than maybe 30 texts and it dinging for email, by 10pm last night I was at 18%. Before this update I would MAYBE have been at 50% with doing all that plus calls and games and photos and more texting. Today I have had my phone from 100% at 11am til now at 3:54pm. I have sent/received 11 texts, taken 4 photos and made a 3 minute call and I am at 68% already.

mrsFAB

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is horrible. I got a replacement phone Friday. They suggested not doing an OTA update. So I set up phone as new. Once home, I upgrade to 6.1 via iTunes this time. Restore from backside that morning. Now, my cellular connection is the same as when I updated OTA. little or no service. LTE is non existent. And my battery went from 100 % at 5:30-ish CST to 38% at 9-ish. Ridiculous!!! I wil be back at Apple tommorrow. I will NOT put 6.1 o. This replacement. NOT! Apple should be ashamed.

mrsFAB

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
That battery life went down with very little use since it's useless unless on wifi. I'm sooooo mad right now.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Is it her personal iPhone? If she was getting the OTA beta then she was running beta 3 somehow.

No it was her work phone. I told her to go to IT and tell them. Cause if I am not mistaken when beta expires her phone bricks and becomes a paper weight.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
My battery life is horrible. I got a replacement phone Friday. They suggested not doing an OTA update. So I set up phone as new. Once home, I upgrade to 6.1 via iTunes this time. Restore from backside that morning. Now, my cellular connection is the same as when I updated OTA. little or no service. LTE is non existent. And my battery went from 100 % at 5:30-ish CST to 38% at 9-ish. Ridiculous!!! I wil be back at Apple tommorrow. I will NOT put 6.1 o. This replacement. NOT! Apple should be ashamed.

Apple should be ashamed? because your phone is the only one that matters? There are lots of people running 6.1 and loving their battery life myself included. If the issue is caused by third party software Apple should still be ashamed? They swap out hardware without much hassle try and get that with many of the other manufacturers.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
No it was her work phone. I told her to go to IT and tell them. Cause if I am not mistaken when beta expires her phone bricks and becomes a paper weight.

She should definitely tell them and in the meantime do an iCloud backup and check if there is an OTA beta 5 update. It doesn't have the time bomb because it's the same as the final 6.1. I'm not 100% sure of it but that is my assumption.