lock icon missing on lock screen

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that the lock icon is missing on the lock screen. The lock itself still works though. Any idea how to get it back?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed that the lock icon is missing on the lock screen. The lock itself still works though. Any idea how to get it back?

What lock icon? I don’t have one, either... don’t recall ever having one... how about a screen print?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure it was there right up until iOS 6. There was even a jailbreaking tweak made specifically to get rid of it!
Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Remove the Lock Icon From Your Status Bar With 'No Lock Icon"

For more about status icons:
https://sites.google.com/site/apple...e-and-articles/understanding-ios-menu-symbols
Guide to understanding iPhone status icons

I'm not sure if its permanently gone or not...I would LOVE it if Apple got rid of it because they were getting ready to introduce notification and status icons and wanted the space. But if I had to guess I'd say they wanted that area for the Do Not Disturb icon:

image.jpg

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Finally! Someone else noticed this too. I've been wondering about this too. Maybe once the JB for iOS 6 comes out, a dev will make a tweak to put it back (hint, hint)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW