Calendar Question

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I use Google Calendar to keep track of things, that ultimately integrates with my calendar app on my iPhone, so no issues there. If I put it in on Google Calendar, it shows up on my phones calendar app, reminders and all that were set.

My question or issue is this, I don't get a pop-up, e-mail or text until the timeframe I set them for prior to the appointment (1 hour, 10 minutes, one day, etc...) That's fine because that is how I enter it in Google Calendar or on the Calendar app itself. From what I recall, I somehow remember getting something (excuse my technical explanation) in my swipe screen that would be "pinned there" 24 hours or so in advance so whenever I swiped, I had a heads up what was going on tomorrow. Not a pop up, but an actual "event" that I could not clear, it would go away after the event occurred. Kind of like the weather at the top.

How do I make that happen again? I can't seem to replicate it. Thanks!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean in the notification center?

If so...

Settings-Notications-Calendar.

Turn show in Notification Center to ON

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is on and it shows badges and alerts fine. What I would like to do is have that alert "pinned" there like 24 hours in advance so I can see today what is happening tomorrow without going to the calendar app. I swear I had some calendar entries that did that. That way, today I can see that at 9 am tomorrow I have a meeting somewhere instead of waiting for the reminder pop up/banner/alert an hour prior or whatever I set it to.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendar.

Scroll down to Calendar, Change default alert time to 1 day before.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77