iOS6.1 beta 3 seeded

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Changelog?

People that are authorized to download from Apple know where they can get that info, which I believe is subject to the developer non disclosure agreements... that said, Mac Rumors is reporting,
"As with previous betas, Apple mentions a number of changes from iOS 6.0.1, including several related to how developers can integrate Apple's new mapping service in their apps, as well as an improvement to how boarding passes are handled in Passbook, and a few minor changes to Safari."

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
People that are authorized to download from Apple know where they can get that info, which I believe is subject to the developer non disclosure agreements... that said, Mac Rumors is reporting,

Ahh OK. So some under the hood changes to passbook, Siri and the way developers can integrate maps. All beneficial but also all refinements to existing services and features.

I wonder if anything brand new will find its way into iOS 6.1?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
No matter what the number is anything .xxx is a incremental release. it could be .1, .5, .10 Which is why I stated it's not going to be anything dramatic.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Nothing big/New will come out of 6.0.xxx

.xx releases are maintenance releases, plain and simple.

No this isn't correct. x.x.1 and ect are maintenance releases. X.1 are not maintanence releases. They will add a couple new features to the OS.

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
No matter what the number is anything .xxx is a incremental release. it could be .1, .5, .10 Which is why I stated it's not going to be anything dramatic.

Right so OS X 10.5 was clearly an increment to 10.4. 10.7 was also an increment to 10.6. Clearly nothing dramatic was introduced.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Just updated my iPad mini to beta 3... Too early to tell for sure, but seems snappier. I hope wifi performance improves...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
you're new to iOS, aren't you?

yes and no....

1. i did get caught up with other site comments with beta version numbers being thrown around. hence my screwed up numbering

2. blog comments people were asking if this going to be a full OS revamp which it will not be.

my apologies for being confused and seeming off the wall

• Larger "Report a Problem" button in Maps
  • New music controls on lock screen when you double-press home button
  • Siri can now purchase movie tickets via Fandango (USA only)
  • LTE now works with several European and American carriers
  • Individual songs can once again be downloaded or deleted when using iTunes Match
  • New, persistent Passbook pass explaining service functionality.

*Goes and crawls into corner*

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
For those who have this how does battery life seem to be? My phone seems to be draining battery faster than normal lately and I haven't installed any new apps that could be causing it

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
For those who have this how does battery life seem to be? My phone seems to be draining battery faster than normal lately and I haven't installed any new apps that could be causing it

same here battery life sucks. I was considering going back to beta 2 but I will just stick it out till beta 4 and hope they fix things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods