A feature that really seems missing in iOS 6

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I think it's just as easy to tap on messages and start a new text from there. If you want quick message access, drop it in the dock.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

It's not, you have to press the home button to exit whatever app you're in, then scroll to find your messages app, open it, then proceed to text, and now go back to your game which may or may not be in the state you left it. With a jailbroken phone with Bite installed you can be in the middle of a game, pull down the notification center, hit the Bite quickcompose button, fire off a text, and instantly go back to playing your game. And no repeated pressing of the over used home button necessary..;)

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
From Notification center, yes, but not the lockscreen. After all, mine is locked for a reason - I don't want anyone who picks up my phone to be able to send texts or tweets without unlocking it.

Some of us don't lock our phones with a password. I barely tolerate the slide to unlock, and I'd get sick of entering in a password 100 times a day AFTER sliding to unlock.

If the phone isn't locked with a password, there could be an option to make the lock screen more functional. It's only real purpose is to prevent butt-dialing, so a slide-to-do-something should work just as well on other parts of the screen.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This is not an attack or me bashing anyone at all, but I think it is pretty funny that as the cell phone technology has progressed, people need and want faster and quicker solutions! I remember texting on my old Nokia and thinking how amazing it was and how "fast" it was! Click down the menu to messages, push enter, click down to the individual message you want to look at, press enter again, etc.

Personally, having to press the messages icon is fine for me, but I'm always willing to try anything else, just as long as I have an option NOT to do it that way if I don't like it.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
my philosophy regarding the availability of certain settings and or messaging options have changed over time with the iPhone. i used to think that it was important to reply while in another app or browsing the web. but over time i realized that it was up to ME when i reply to someone, or even compose, an SMS/Message

don't get me wrong, if Apple ever implement a quick reply/compose i'll use it but it seems lately, for me, jailbreaking to do it is not worth it

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
This is not an attack or me bashing anyone at all, but I think it is pretty funny that as the cell phone technology has progressed, people need and want faster and quicker solutions! I remember texting on my old Nokia and thinking how amazing it was and how "fast" it was! Click down the menu to messages, push enter, click down to the individual message you want to look at, press enter again, etc.

Personally, having to press the messages icon is fine for me, but I'm always willing to try anything else, just as long as I have an option NOT to do it that way if I don't like it.

Lol. Its like that with everything. You know we're never satisfied. There's always going to be something more that we want our phones to do; that its not able to do at the moment.

Sent from my MOMO9-3 using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro