iOS6.1 beta 2

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
hey guys, remember when betas used to be fun?

Ipheuria - you can take your screenshots before you plug in

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I knew I wasn't going nuts here are two screenshots, one on beta 1 and the other beta 2. They are both after the same usage as much as anyone can guarantee that

*I don't know what the deal with the image upload is but the thumbnails are below. You can see that on beta 1 after a day it was at 40% while on beta 2 it was at 26% that is almost a 20% difference and believe me it is with the same use maybe even less.

Phone was plugged in and there is almost an hour difference in usage, so you can't compare battery based on that.

6.0, 6.01, 6.1b1 and 6.1b2 have all given me roughly the same battery life. Maybe a slight improvement with 6.1, but both b1 and b2 are the same for me.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Did anyone notice that when the device is locked Wifi turns off? On my iPhone I noticed it on beta 2 and even waking up the iPhone doesn't restore Wifi I have to unlock. I've submitted a bug report but I think they are experimenting with battery saving implimentations.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone notice that when the device is locked Wifi turns off?
I know this is a beta thread, but isn't this normal? At least it is in my experience and I don't have iOS 6 Beta 2 or any other beta installed.
On my iPhone I noticed it on beta 2 and even waking up the iPhone doesn't restore Wifi I have to unlock.
Again, I know this is a beta thread & my response is solely in regard to the Wi-Fi issue mentioned, but with my 4S using iOS 6.0.1, Wi-Fi reconnects after waking. I do not have to unlock it in order for it to do so.
I've submitted a bug report but I think they are experimenting with battery saving implimentations.
It probably is a battery-saving feature....:)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I know this is a beta thread, but isn't this normal? At least it is in my experience and I don't have iOS 6 Beta 2 or any other beta installed. Again, I know this is a beta thread & my response is solely in regard to the Wi-Fi issue mentioned, but with my 4S using iOS 6.0.1, Wi-Fi reconnects after waking. I do not have to unlock it in order for it to do so.
It probably is a battery-saving feature....:)

The problem once I start using a beta is I never remember if the stock iOS does the same thing. However I know even if the Wifi wakes up once you wake the device mine doesn't. It wont come back on until I unlock the device. I figure it's a battery saving feature but I'm missing iMessages and emails because my iPhone doesn't have a connection to the internet. Once my Mac got an iMessage and that was when I figured it all out because 15 minutes later my phone still didn't get the message. I unlocked and after a few seconds the Wifi popped up and boom there was my message along with 8 emails.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
is there a time 💣 on beta 2? I just got my iPhone replaced and in order to restore it to how it was I need iOS 6.1. I don't want to use beta 3 if I don't have to beta 2 was so much better on my 🔋.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro