iOS 6.0.1 Released

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I called and spoke to an Apple rep regarding the battery and charging issue. Evidently with the new update it turns bluetooth on now; you need to turn it off. She said that should fix the problem. Quite impressed with their customer service! :)

Glad you mentioned this! My battery is already fine after update but this will be even improve it!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

itechyou

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Glad you mentioned this! My battery is already fine after update but this will be even improve it!

This has been an issue with mine since Os5 came out. Fresh from setting up as new or restoring my phone bluetooth will be on but without the indicator on. I thought I was the only one it had been happening to but when I asked a few friends to check their phones they saw it had been on as well.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Installed this on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2.

For what its worth, no issue with Facebook as noted earlier, Bluetooth remained turned off and - and this may is probably accidental - my battery use seems to have improved on my iPhone. While not an issue on the iPad, iOS 6 on my iPhone proved to be a disaster for the battery. I could quite literally watch the charge plummet as I viewed anything. This seems to not be the case - right now. Might simply be a case that this install got some ducks in a row on this particular device.

Still not great success with wi-fi sites that require a sign-in page (like Starbucks or some corporate networks) as the page still may not appear as it used to do with iOS 5 (either as a stand-alone page or in Safari) as a matter of course. Still needing to do hard reboots more often than not to get it to work - and that's after trying a great many of the other 'tries' on various discussion pages.

coastalmama

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone figured out what the issue is with iOS 6.01 in regards to certain facebook users? I updated my iPad and iPhone last night before bed. Got on facebook on the desktop this morning and was chatting and commenting away just fine no issues. I go to try to update from my phone and it won't, I try to comment, nothing. Same on the iPad. Then I go to my desktop and I'm unable to comment or update status from the desktop either.

Needless to say there has been many deletions and re installations of the FB app from the app store as well as resetting the devices, neither of which works. Is there an easy way to go back to 6.0 or am I just banned from interacting with FB until FB figures out what is going on on their end?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Installed this on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2.

For what its worth, no issue with Facebook as noted earlier, Bluetooth remained turned off and - and this may is probably accidental - my battery use seems to have improved on my iPhone. While not an issue on the iPad, iOS 6 on my iPhone proved to be a disaster for the battery. I could quite literally watch the charge plummet as I viewed anything. This seems to not be the case - right now. Might simply be a case that this install got some ducks in a row on this particular device.

Still not great success with wi-fi sites that require a sign-in page (like Starbucks or some corporate networks) as the page still may not appear as it used to do with iOS 5 (either as a stand-alone page or in Safari) as a matter of course. Still needing to do hard reboots more often than not to get it to work - and that's after trying a great many of the other 'tries' on various discussion pages.

Have you reset your network settings. That seemed tondo the trick for me.

evolution75

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I just did the update on my 4s OTA and after the restart it shows me to connect it to iTunes. So when I do iTunes tells me "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes" Why did this happen? Will I loss everything since I haven't done a back up since I got it a month ago. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just did the update on my 4s OTA and after the restart it shows me to connect it to iTunes. So when I do iTunes tells me "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes" Why did this happen? Will I loss everything since I haven't done a back up since I got it a month ago. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Your guess is as good as mine as to why it happened and yes, it is a "possibility" that you could lose your text messages, photos, settings , etcetera. However, your purchased music, apps, videos, email, contacts, calendars, reminders, notes (if you have them via gmail, yahoo, windows love, iCloud, etc) will be readily available to you once you reconfigure your device. Having said that, are you able to use your device or is it stuck at the connect to iTunes screen? If you have to connect it to iTunes, let iTunes detect your device and when it does, check to see if your apps and stuff appears in the appropriate section. If they do, then I would attempt to backup the device via iTunes. Afterwards, go ahead and let it restore your device for you. Note: I am not there to see what is happening with your device so my advice is at your own risk.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Are the dup emails from your Gmail acct.? Are you using a alternate email client other than the Apple mail.app?

This has been a known issues for some before iOS6.
I have always received dupe email notifications on my iPad2 .
Recently I restored as new my iPhone 4S and I starting getting the dupe email notifications there as well.
Some get dupe txt notifications.

Anyway, I am using the native email with Gmail through Exchange.
I also have a Pop Cox email account through the native email.
Both produce the dupes notifications,
I've also deleted my both email accounts and re up and still get the dupes.
Very annoying.

Good Luck

- - - Updated - - -

Revised to note: Linked Article no longer exists at source....

If anyone is wondering if this update is worthwhile for anyone with something other than an iPhone5... look here:

iOS 6.0.1 brings iPad mini’s intelligent accidental touch detection to full sized iPads | 9to5Mac

So...even though the hype around an iOS update may not specify anything for your specific device... there may be something in it for you - so just update. :D

Nice find Keith
Tks

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know if the shortcuts issue was addressed with this update?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine are squirrely.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
No issues here so far. Downloaded via iTunes this time. :)

Did iOS 6.0 OTA and had a corruption issue with one or more of the apps so I had to restore as new. Big pain.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

did you happen to have iCloud backup turned ON? if so, you can restore and then use your latest iCloud backup

personally, i would just restore as new just to eliminate any issues. peace of mind alone can go a long way

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I updated to 6.0.1 last night via iTunes. So far so good. No wifi glitches which happened twice on 6.0. No crashing of Facebook as a result of the update.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Well contrary to what I reported earlier in this thread, the update did not resolve my Auto-Lock not auto-locking on both my iPad 2 & my iPhone 4S.
Good Luck

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
6.0.1 still doesn't seem to have fully resolved the port wifi connectivity to wpa2 wifi networks... Have 6.0.1 on my mini as well... But 6.1 beta on my iPhone 5 seems to have a much more stable wifi connection (on same wpa2 wifi network)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods