Music app crashing in iOS 6..

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
So. I have an iPod touch 4th gen and I have upgraded to iOS 6 but was having many issues. I restored it to factory settings, synced all my music back and now my music app crashes.. When my music is on shuffle it crashes and even when it's not, I still get crashing..music just stops.. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong.. Is anyone else having this problem? I have tried searching for this in the forums couldn't find anything .. Help is needed thanks in advance!

Sent via Tapatalk

BenGillam

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
Hey,

i might suggest you go into itunes, highlight all your music and then right click and look for remove artwork or delete artwork forget what its called.

Then once thats done restart itunes and do the same but this times select to get album artwork.

Then try syncing again. Might also be worth seeing if there are any custom playlists you have set up you can manage with out so you can try removing them too.

Then run another sync

Would imagine something somewhere down the line got corrupted and it making it fall over.

Also are all of your tracks actually showing on your device, or are some showing almost greyed out?

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes all of my tracks are showing up.. I did what you suggested and got the same result. I updated the software today with the latest iOS 6.0.1 and hopefully that solves the problem.. I haven't seen the issue yet!

Sent via Tapatalk

aWitch4Harry

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I started having this exact problem late yeserday afternoon (11/1/12). My podcast and music app just shut down and return to my home screen mid-song/cast. I'm getting really pissy about it too. I don't know if it is the new IOS upgrade or what but Apple needs to figure it out. I'm also blowing through my battery life which started at the same time as the other issues.

iphonerepairs

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I think because of restored factory setting your mobile settings and applications are changed and your music folder is crashed so reset your setting first and then reload the music folder.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73