Old computer 10.5.8, careless iOS 6 update

missruthie

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have one of those old black intel Macs from way back. Since June, it's been playing nice with my new ipad (3rd generation). Unfortunately, earlier this week, I did a wifi update on the iPad. When I got home, I found out that my computer could no longer interact with the ipad because 10.5.8 is too old for the necessary iteration of itunes. What to do? I reset/erased the ipad, but the update stuck (I know now that it would not have worked). I have access to other macs but can't keep mooching off others.

In sum, what can I do now? While I do have some budget, a new computer would be a very last resort. Is there some work around that would allow me into iPad filesharing on my beloved dinosaur?

Last edited:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You have a Black MacBook. Get Snow Leopard which is OS 10.6 update it to 10.6.8 then get iTunes 10.7. Assuming you have a 2006 Black Mac Book. 10.6.8 is the Max OS

missruthie

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hiya. I ordered it through apple. Was like 1 800 apple. Also, if you're not sure whether the upgrade is compatible with your machine, the representative can check using your serial. Shipping took well over a week, though. Oh 20 USD for single user and 30 for family. Shipping included. Good luck

Last edited:

Hoagie5252

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It was 20 bucks from apple every time I look to buy snow leopard for my old machine I see something like 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk