No 6.0.1 update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuKaShI

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I really need an update for all the bugs... Sandy knocked out cellular service but my home internet works just fine. But damn iOS 6 can't seem to use my wifi properly. iMessage won't work consistently.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I really need an update for all the bugs... Sandy knocked out cellular service but my home internet works just fine. But damn iOS 6 can't seem to use my wifi properly. iMessage won't work consistently.

If your cellular service is out, turn Airplane mode ON... then, turn on wifi.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
There is unquestionably a Wi-Fi connectivity problem with iOS 6. I'm also experiencing problems with cellular connection handing off from 3G to LTE. I'm experiencing these problems not only with my iPhone 5 but also on my updated iPad 2. I hope Apple has recognized these problems and has a update in the very near future.

I didn't have any 3G to LTE problems but my LTE just never seemed as fast as it was on my android HTC Rezound. That thing would fly....when it wasn't dropping data all together. LOL. Traded it off for an iPhone 4, 16gb. Which I then sold for $300 once I had my iPhone 5. But the LTE experience was so bad for me on my Five (Verizon) that I tossed it on eBay. It sold for $1000. Now if the guy would just pay. LOL

One iOS 6 "problem" for me is the loss of tv out function. I like to hook my phone up to the tv at times for stuff. Not only did the new iOS 6 lose that, but it wasn't possible on the Five anyway.

So I am back on my slow, jailbroken 4 backup phone (8gb) Trying to figure out my next step...

qemy7aba.jpg

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm honestly not experiencing any significant issues with ios6, I'm actually more concern about a bunch of apps not being update for the iphone 5...

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've had a 15 app updates since Sunday inclusive... all were iPhone5 related.

Lucky you... I use the following a lot and I'm patiently waiting : ebay, whatsapp, BGR, vonage, Camscanner, Amex, Chase, Skype.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm honestly not experiencing any significant issues with ios6, I'm actually more concern about a bunch of apps not being update for the iphone 5...

Nor am I. I have iOS 6 on my iPad, my iPhone and my iPod (which my grandson now has). I don't understand what all the weeping and wailing is about... it works really well for me.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I can never understand why people become hostile or sarcastic when others are just looking for solutions to problems. I took my devices to Apple they recognize there was a problem did a factory restore and the problem remains he said it must be a software issue and hopefully that would be resolved in the next update.

jaspergrizzly

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Perhaps IOS6 is working OK for some people based on their usage, but the fact remains that the OS has major bugs, one of them being a Calendar issue on Exchange (corporate environment) IF you accept or decline a meeting from your Exchange mailbox, it hijacks the meeting and makes you the organizer and accepts or declines the meeting for all invitees on the meeting request. For a major global corporation, this is a major bug. Our company had to issue multiple communications for users not to accept or decline meeting invites from their iPhones, as we had some users who ended up being quite embarassed. Apple have already stated that they are close to finalizing the solution for this bug, so we are expecting an update soon. Add wifi issues and bad battery performance to the equation, plus other bugs that have not been mentioned in this post and you'll see that the OS is indeed buggy. This is expected in any new OS, but if we just sit back and say nothing is wrong, then these issues do not get fixed.

BenGillam

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
I thnk it's valid to expect a software update fairly quickly , ios6 introduced problems with netgear wifi access points, and no it's not netgears fault. Only solution is to downgrade firmware of wap to one over a year old with problems. Friend of mines business has about 15 of them there is no way they are going to downgrade them all its crazy when everything else works.

On top of that the iPhone 5 battery life is a bit hit and miss for some so I'd have expected an update for that, a similar update for iPhone 4S was release within a month.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
beat me to it!

but needs plugging into itunes, shame will have to wait till i get home and can get my lightning cable

If you have an iPhone5, there's an "Updater" that has to be installed first, which fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
6.0.1 just released... .downloading now... weird that it installs an updater app on the homescreen, which you then click to begin the download... something fugged up in iOS 6.... no wonder Forstall is out... iOS 6 is quick a sloppy release, even maps aside....

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Installed it, I'm in the lower level of my house, and am getting a very fluctuating 1-3 bars on wifi without touching or moving iPhone 5 (router on main floor) am also now getting 1-2 bars on cellular where I was getting No Service before. iPad getting 3 solid bars without fluctuation sitting in same spot as iPhone.
So, there does appear to be a improvement in reception so far.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Obviously I'm missing something - what bugs?

6.0.1 - This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.