App Store keeps closing

Ben..123

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I installed iOS 6 I've had a lot of problems. iTunes an the AppStore keep closing whenever I try to download or search something, my money keeps disappearing and coming back, and sometimes I'll try to click something and it won't work at all and my keyboard and other stuff is really Laggy I have a iPod touch 4th gen. Just wondering if there is something wrong with my iPod or if this happens to other people too.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Nothing else to really check. Unless you do a reset and restore a back up. If the issue keeps happening then, I would suggest a complete wipe and start clean...

mglivesey

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I believe it's an issue with the RAM in the iPod touch 4G.

With only 248MB of RAM, the App Store will crash on the iPod touch 4G, as it cannot cope with the number of search results found.

Try searching for apps using more specific terminology, thereby lowering the number of search results and avoiding the infuriating App Store Crash... (Believe me, my iPod nearly met its end over this issue!) :)

zanderman101#WP

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I also have this problem.

It's not every search that it closes either. It's only certain searches.

I've found that if you close all the apps in the multitasking tray before you g into the App Store helps a lot!

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Yea my App Store keeps crashing on my iPod touch 4th gen too.. I did a wipe and restore and it still does it.. I think someone said that the RAM isn't enough and I believe that is true.. But hopefully apple sends an update soon cause the bugs in iOS 6 is driving me insane.. I wish I could've stayed on 5.1.1, I had no issues with that OS...

Sent via Tapatalk

Ben..123

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Wiping it seemed to work for a little bit at first but now it's happening again kinda upset that I wiped for no reason. There is so many bugs on iOS 6 it ridiculous.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone - I have a 1st gen iPad with 5.1.1 (ios6 isnt avail for it) and just recently within the past 2 wks (??) I've been having an issue here and there with the App store closing sometimes while i'm in the middle of something too. It doesnt always happen, but when it does, its when i'm pulling a search for an app also mostly.

I'm thinking perhaps Apples server could be the issue ??? just a thought. So maybe its not ios6 and Ben, considering you did a wipe and are seeing the prob again would also lead me to believe it may not be your device on ios6 either.

I'm actually going to wait it out to see if the problem does rectify itself before doing a restore. I have alot on my ipad and kinda dread the thought of having to do so.

Ben..123

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I think it is iOS 6 because I have a lot of other problems too and people that I've talked to that don't have iOS 6 don't have the same problems. And I asked the guy at the store and he said its probably a problem with iOS 6 and maybe the bugs will get fixed soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal