Badge icons displayed for Twitter but should be banner notifications

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have banner displaying for Twitter notifications but Badges will not display.
So I've determined it must be one or the other.
At the risk of stating the obvious, did you try turning you iPhone off and on?
Good Luck

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I have selected banner Twitter notifications but I keep receiving Badge notifications for Twitter. Suggestions? Thanks.

It sounds like you might be confused--one doesn't have anything to do with the other, really. You can select one, both, or neither. Here's how it works:

Banner only: You'll get the banner at the top when you have a new notification. It will roll away if you don't act on it, and you will not get an icon badge.
Badge only: You'll get a badge icon when you have a new notification, but no other alert. The badge will disappear when you open your Twitter app.
Banner AND Badge: You'll get the banner at the top when you have a new notification. It will roll away if you don't act on it--at which point you will get an icon badge which will remain until you open your Twitter app to act on it.

If you select neither, you'll get no notification until you open the app.

You can also set your options for View in Lockscreen and In Notification Center in the same Settings panel. Hope that helps!

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Banner AND Badge: You'll get the banner at the top when you have a new notification. It will roll away if you don't act on it--at which point you will get an icon badge which will remain until you open your Twitter app to act on it.

You can also set your options for View in Lockscreen and In Notification Center in the same Settings panel. Hope that helps!

Massie, help me out here.

In Notifications, I have the following:
Notification Center On
Banners selected
Badge App Icon On
Sounds On
View in Lock Screen On

I get the Banners
I do get the view in Lock Screen.
But no Badges

TIA

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Massie, help me out here.

In Notifications, I have the following:
Notification Center On
Banners selected
Badge App Icon On
Sounds On
View in Lock Screen On

I get the Banners
I do get the view in Lock Screen.
But no Badges

TIA

If that's the setup, you should be getting badges--but they only last until you open the app. So if you're already in the Twitter app when you get a banner notification (or if you are tap a Twitter banner notification from somewhere else to open Twitter) you won't get a badge for that notification, because you're dealing with it right then: the badge is only for notifications that have come in while the app is closed.

In fact, that's exactly my setup, and my Twitter icon does stay badged until I open the app.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Well unfortunately it's not showing Badges for me.
I reported this to Twitter support some time ago and they sent me a canned reply saying it would be fix in an update.
Well the update came and still no Badges.
That was the case before the iOS 6 update as well.
Tks anyway Massie

marky66

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Please post her if anyone figures out what is going on. I have the iPhone 5 on ATT, and have turned on BOTH banner and badge notifications. I get the banners all the time - but have NEVER received the badge notifications. When I see the banners, I do NOT click on them, so they should still be shown on the badge...... Thanks!

bechau

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a bug for sure. Already notified twitter but no update yet.
Let's all let them know this fix should be included in the next update.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if you all might share your notification setups, if you're jailbroken or not, etc. Maybe we'll see something you're all doing in common...seems weird that it would only be broken for some users. Still haven't had any issues myself.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I wonder if you all might share your notification setups, if you're jailbroken or not, etc. Maybe we'll see something you're all doing in common...seems weird that it would only be broken for some users. Still haven't had any issues myself.

Massie,

Here are my Settings > Notifications > Twitter:
Notification Center On
Show 5 Recent Items
Alert Style Banners
Badge App Icon On
Sounds On
View in Lock Screen On

TIA

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Thanks—and you don't have any trouble with badges on other app icons using similar settings?

Badges do display on other apps.
And I recently restored as new my iPhone for other reason and as hoping it would resolve the Twitter issue.
Tks Massie

marky66

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
My settings are exactly the same - with the exception of "View in Lock Screen: Off". Not jail broken.

Badge notification works great on mail, phone, Facebook, etc.

I also upgraded today, and still no luck. Still waiting to hear back from Twitter C/S......

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods