G-Mail Deletes permananently all deleted message

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So, I am missing a setting obviously. When I delete g-mail messages from my phone, it does not go to the trash, instead it deletes it never to be seen again. What gives and how can I get it into the trash instead?

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Go to settings, mail contacts calendar and then select your gmail account. You should see the screen shot below.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349658496.802103.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349658496.802103.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 116

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Glad you found them. Albeit I hate that the iPhone doesn't truly delete them. Every so often I have to go into Gmail online and empty my 'All Mail' of items I don't want\need...

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone DOESN'T delete emails if set up as Exchange. It 'moves' the email to All Mail. Check there ? ???€

Depends. If you set it up to delete, it will. Go to m.google.com/sync and tell it to delete if you want it to delete. You can also set up your calendars below this section.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349747507.622554.jpg

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine neither. I left it it anyhow since I don't know what it does.

---------- Post Merged at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Could it be this?

Gmail lets you send messages with another of your email addresses listed as the sender instead of your Gmail address. This feature helps you manage multiple accounts from the Gmail interface; it works only if you already own the email account linked to the alternate address. To send mail from a different Gmail username, you'll first need to sign up for that address. Select an option below for instructions on how to add your other addresses to your Gmail account.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine neither. I left it it anyhow since I don't know what it does.

---------- Post Merged at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Could it be this?

Gmail lets you send messages with another of your email addresses listed as the sender instead of your Gmail address. This feature helps you manage multiple accounts from the Gmail interface; it works only if you already own the email account linked to the alternate address. To send mail from a different Gmail username, you'll first need to sign up for that address. Select an option below for instructions on how to add your other addresses to your Gmail account.

I just thought that I would tell you that I posted a thread in the 4S forum pertaining to gmail and a good and knowledgeable friend who many of you have seen here in the forums posted to me a wealth of info on how gmail really works so if you go to thid forum link and scroll down to where you see his posts to me towards the bottm, You will see the word "THIS" in blue as a link 2 places and if you click on that you will see many other things that I did not know about gmail since I use it and thought I knew it all. I hope this helps you and let me know what you think. Best of luck.