Notification Center?

Jay5w

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone explain how exactly the notification center works? Just got the iphone 5 two weeks ago, and having never had an apple device and coming from a blackberry, I cant figure it out. I read that the notification center should show all calendar events and reminders in the next 24 hours, and it does when I add an event or reminder within the next 24 hours. However, when I add an event that is in 24 hours and 10 minutes, the event does not show immediately, as it should, but it doesn't show up after the next 10 minutes, and never does. If I reboot the phone after the 10 minutes, the event or reminder shows in the notification center. Is this just the way it works? Am I doing something wrong, or is this a big? Thanks in advance for the help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You aren't doing anything wrong. That is how the notification center handles calendar events. Also, if you go to Settings/Notifications, you can configure what apps you want it don't want showing up in the notification center.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having a problem with calendar events scheduled for the next 24 hours not appearing in notification center on my iPhone 4. The problem started after updating to iOS 6.

Still looking for a solution, since the only way I can get the events to appear in notification center is to reboot my phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having a problem with calendar events scheduled for the next 24 hours not appearing in notification center on my iPhone 4. The problem started after updating to iOS 6.

Still looking for a solution, since the only way I can get the events to appear in notification center is to reboot my phone.

Don't rule out the fact that it could very well be an iOS 6 bug. I just checked my notification center and I have an event within 24 hours that is not being displayed, but it had not always been the case with the current iOS, at least not in my experience.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... The Notification Center on my iPhone 4S with iOS 6 seems to be working. I created an event to test it and it showed up in Notifications Center without having to reboot my phone.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... The Notification Center on my iPhone 4S with iOS 6 seems to be working. I created an event to test it and it showed up in Notifications Center without having to reboot my phone.

Was it an event scheduled for more than 24 hours in advance? I can create an event within the next 24 hours and it appears in notification center right away, but events that are scheduled outside of the next 24 hours don't appear automatically when they should.

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Look up this one , no jailbreaking needed. Maby it helps, i cant test it ,
App only for US AppStore ;(

"Lock screen" from i4software !!!

Best Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads