Can't flag my email msgs

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed the same thing, it's just on my Exchange gmail not IMAP accts. Did a quick search of these forums and Google and apparently you cannot flag Exchange. I don't remember this being a issue with iOS 5.x

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed the same thing, it's just on my Exchange gmail not IMAP accts. Did a quick search of these forums and Google and apparently you cannot flag Exchange. I don't remember this being a issue with iOS 5.x

Same here. I'm just noticing it as well and I, too, don't remember it being an issue with iOS 5, 5.01 or 5.1.1. Interesting.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have my gmail set up as imap only and not exchange from day 1 on my 4S and just flagged 3 emails this morning so I can't speak of exchange but have never had a problem withthe way mine is set up and now using iOS 6.0. Hope this helps somewhat guys.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have my gmail set up as imap only and not exchange from day 1 on my 4S and just flagged 3 emails this morning so I can't speak of exchange but have never had a problem withthe way mine is set up and now using iOS 6.0. Hope this helps somewhat guys.

I hear you. My primary email account is iCloud and I can flag messages without a problem. With the exception of my outlook account, my remaining email accounts are unimportant.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Do you get "Push" on your Gmail when setup as IMAP? My other mail acct is IMAP and it will only Fetch.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the Gmail app for iPhone 5 it's actually very nice, reminds me of Sparrow and it has all the features that I was looking for as far as flagging and all the features that were missing in Sparrow like landscape viewing,push and printing.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the Gmail app for iPhone 5 it's actually very nice, reminds me of Sparrow and it has all the features that I was looking for as far as flagging and all the features that were missing in Sparrow like landscape viewing,push and printing.

It is indeed nice, but since gmail is no longer my primary account, I just stick with the default mail app.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Gmail isn't my primary email account either but what I do is I forward my own domain email to Gmail and it comes through with push as opposed to the pop/IMAP one that I have.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
By the way do you know why the emails that I send are also arriving in my inbox?

I'm assuming you are NOT talking about your forwarded messages. Having said that, your sent messages should not be arriving in your inbox unless they were undeliverable or if somehow you've inadvertently configured your email account online to save sent messages to your inbox, if applicable. In any case, there is an mixup somewhere...lol

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I hear you. My primary email account is iCloud and I can flag messages without a problem. With the exception of my outlook account, my remaining email accounts are unimportant.

I do agree that I am the same way you are with my accounts with exception that I only use gmail set up as IMAP and as you answered the other posters question about Push and Fetch, My acct. is set for fetch only. So far i have been trouble free.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do agree that I am the same way you are with my accounts with exception that I only use gmail set up as IMAP and as you answered the other posters question about Push and Fetch, My acct. is set for fetch only. So far i have been trouble free.

Schweeeeet!...:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro