iOS 6 Feature - Do Not distrub

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree I love the feature. A quicker way to toggle it on and off would be nice but then there's always the option to just silence your phone too.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Love DnD. I have it scheduled so my phone doesn't light up all evening while we are trying to sleep.

2 nice features I would love to see implemented.. NC button to enable it and autosync with calendar so it will enable DnD when in a meeting.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Yeah great feature and I have it scheduled to run every night midnight to 7am.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Would love to use it at night but since I run an alarm clock app bedside and my iPhone stays unlocked this feature is basically useless to me

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Would love to use it at night but since I run an alarm clock app bedside and my iPhone stays unlocked this feature is basically useless to me

Do you wake yourself up just to look at the clock or something?..:D...Will having the clock in bedside mode help you fall asleep? Personally, I don't want to see a clock, it will just tick me off more during the times when I want to sleep and can't. I'd rather be able to rest/sleep & wake up on time without being disturbed by notifications or a clock that I keep looking at while waiting to fall asleep...;)

jtroup

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I know that you can allow your favorites to ring when on do not disturb. But what about sms from your favorites, do they come thru or are they also silenced when do not disturb is on?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I like the direction its going- Just not helpful for me yet- I am on call for work and mostly communicate via text message (snow closing etc) I would like to be able to chose for the phone to ring and for texts to come through but no emails or any other notifications. I know there are jailbreak options for that- I would rather not tho

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I know that you can allow your favorites to ring when on do not disturb. But what about sms from your favorites, do they come thru or are they also silenced when do not disturb is on?

SMS from your favorites are silenced as well. That's one change that I would like to see in DND

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Do you wake yourself up just to look at the clock or something?..:D...Will having the clock in bedside mode help you fall asleep?

I hear ya... a creature of habit I guess. I've had a bedside clock since I was a kid and I remember when I got my first smartphone way back when -- a BlackBerry something -- I thought the automatic bedside mode when docked feature was pretty cool. So I just started doing the same when I switched to the iPhone and bedside clock apps started coming out. Anyway to keep it on topic -- I like the idea of DND, but like "kilcher"... it is just too limited in options right now.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hear ya... a creature of habit I guess. I've had a bedside clock since I was a kid and I remember when I got my first smartphone way back when -- a BlackBerry something -- I thought the automatic bedside mode when docked feature was pretty cool. So I just started doing the same when I switched to the iPhone and bedside clock apps started coming out. Anyway to keep it on topic -- I like the idea of DND, but like "kilcher"... it is just too limited in options right now.

Oh, I understand...I was just messing with you...;)

serwan

Banned
Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I love it. I just wish you could set it for certain days like Monday-Friday but not Saturday and Sunday

I think about this idea too,

---------- Post Merged at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:08 PM ----------

also it would be nice if apple let users to have an ability to set more times for example. one for college, one for sleeping... currently I have to change it when I am at uni as well as whem i am going to sleep

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It is a great feature and one if my favorites in ios6. Toggle would be nice though.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative