Not too keen on the Podcast app

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Gotta admit, not too keen on the new Podcast app that we're forced to use now. Showstoppers? No, but just plain irritation on how it works. I liked the music player before better. Maybe it'll grow on me.

1) It's sorted in Newest to Oldest order when you go into a subscription, but it plays in oldest to Newest. A bit confusing to have to scroll to the bottom first when you want to start with the oldest episode, and have it start playing up from the bottom...
2) Subscriptions. While it's nice to know there's 0 new podcasts for one of your subscriptions, it sucks when you've listened to almost all of them, and you have to scroll around looking through all the 0's to see if there's anything new... Sure, you can go to Unplayed episodes, but then they aren't grouped up by subscription...
3) Lyrics/Notes location. In the previous music player, you could click the album art while the podcast is playing and see the notes. You can't do that anymore. Now you need to go to the list of episodes and click the right arrow to expand to the notes.
4) Lyrics/Notes hotlinks. Looks like hotlinks don't work anymore. It was cool in iOS 5, go to the notes and click a hot link to whatever they're referencing. Only thing I didn't like on that was when you had dark album art. You'd have a dark blue hotlink on a dark background. But still better than nothing.
5) Reel to Reel graphics on the player. Come on. You waste screen real estate for that?

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I've got the update, and yes I've got Downcast. I'll have to poke around it more. I had tried it out a while back and was only meh on it. I liked the way the Music player and iTunes worked with the podcasts better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit