I wish they would have added an "unread" option for the native mail app. VIP is an ok idea but not very useful...IMO.
    09-21-2012 08:15 AM
    In the mail app, I tap edit, select my message, tap mark and choose unread.
    09-21-2012 09:47 AM
    Why can't I turn it off?
    09-21-2012 09:57 AM
    In the mail app, I tap edit, select my message, tap mark and choose unread.
    That only changes the message itself back to unread. I would like an inbox option that only shows all unread messages once you open a message it will disappear from the "unread" inbox.
    09-21-2012 12:07 PM
    That wasn't specified in the original post. Anyways...oh well. Maybe in iOS 9.
    09-21-2012 12:40 PM
    That wasn't specified in the original post. Anyways...oh well. Maybe in iOS 9.
    Sorry. I should have been a little more clear. Thanks for trying to help :-)
    09-21-2012 12:45 PM
    I wish they would have added an "unread" option for the native mail app. VIP is an ok idea but not very useful...IMO.
    I agree that would be a nice option to have.
    09-21-2012 06:42 PM
    The VIP inbox just doesn't seem to be working for me at all... It never updates, even if I pull down to refresh. I still have to manually go through my inbox looking for mail from my "vip"s. It's not doing what it's supposed to do at all.
    09-23-2012 03:24 PM
    LOVE the VIP inbox. I have alerts set to a specific ringtone as well as the *alert* notification that shows in both lock screen and when the phone is in use and doesn't go away until I acknowledge it. Notification center works fine because the VIP emails are starred. Works like a charm. Also like that separate emails accounts can have their own ringtone. Would love to have customizable ringtone for a specific email contact but for now I just add them to VIP and it works fine.
    kataran and veritas_vincit like this.
    10-07-2012 05:25 PM
    Have my VIP mailbox set up for a friend who works in the Atlantic Ocean on a boat only has email to communicate now with VIP set as Banner I get his mail on my lockscreen just like it was SMS

Cool feature

Sent from my iPhone 5
    10-05-2013 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD