I've noticed that when logged into iCloud, it can't find the phone, and says I can get notified when it's located. But the phone is right there, charged, and with wifi or a 3G connection. Shouldn't it be found? I can't recall how it was on 5.1.1, but I do recall that any time I used that function (mostly for fun) it always found it. Now it seems like it can't find the phone unless it's "awake."

Thoughts?
    09-20-2012 10:40 PM
    I've noticed that when logged into iCloud, it can't find the phone, and says I can get notified when it's located. But the phone is right there, charged, and with wifi or a 3G connection. Shouldn't it be found? I can't recall how it was on 5.1.1, but I do recall that any time I used that function (mostly for fun) it always found it. Now it seems like it can't find the phone unless it's "awake."

Thoughts?
    Do you have the "Find My iPhone" feature turned ON on your device? If not, iCloud will not be able to locate it.
    09-20-2012 10:45 PM
    Do you have the "Find My iPhone" feature turned ON on your device? If not, iCloud will not be able to locate it.
    Yes, it's on. Always has been since 5.0. What I'm saying is, it seems like iCloud doesn't locate it if it's asleep, or has been for a little while. Not until it is woken up will it be found. I noticed, and mentioned in the wifi thread, that when I wake it up too, I see it switch fro 3G back to wifi. Wonder if it's all related.
    09-20-2012 10:52 PM
    Yes, it's on. Always has been since 5.0. What I'm saying is, it seems like iCloud doesn't locate it if it's asleep, or has been for a little while. Not until it is woken up will it be found. I noticed, and mentioned in the wifi thread, that when I wake it up too, I see it switch fro 3G back to wifi. Wonder if it's all related.
    As long as your phone is powered on, it should locate it. I haven't used my 4S in a bit. I'm perusing the forum via my MacBook while watching the Boise St vs BYU game via my iPad 2. I just logged on to the iCloud website and selected to locate my iPhone. Not only was it quickly locate it,so was my iPad 2 & my MacBook. Afterwards, I disconnected my 4S from my Wi-Fi and then logged back into iCloud to see if it could be located. It was and was located quickly.
    09-20-2012 11:13 PM
    Hmmm...thanks for trying that. is your 4S already running iOS6? If so, maybe I was just being impatient then.
    09-20-2012 11:21 PM
    Hmmm...thanks for trying that. is your 4S already running iOS6? If so, maybe I was just being impatient then.
    Yes, it is.
    09-20-2012 11:25 PM
    Working fine here, however you do have to click Devices and choose the device.
    09-21-2012 07:00 AM
    Thanks guys. Maybe I just didn't notice how it was before. Much appreciated.
    09-21-2012 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD