iOS Mail

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I did a fresh install of iOS 6 onto my iPhone 4S. I was able to sign in to gmail, iCoud, Twitter, Facebook, etc. However whenever I go to my 'Mail' app, I get the message "Password Missing Enter the password for the account "iCloud".". So i'll enter my iCloud password and the message will pop up again. If I click cancel, my mail will load and i'll be able to view it.. but once I'm done, the same message pops up, every time.

Attached screenshot of the message: View attachment 19000

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I did a fresh install of iOS 6 onto my iPhone 4S. I was able to sign in to gmail, iCoud, Twitter, Facebook, etc. However whenever I go to my 'Mail' app, I get the message "Password Missing Enter the password for the account "iCloud".". So i'll enter my iCloud password and the message will pop up again. If I click cancel, my mail will load and i'll be able to view it.. but once I'm done, the same message pops up, every time.

Attached screenshot of the message: View attachment 19000

Interesting. Try this: Go to Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendar/iCloud/Account and then re-enter your password. Afterwards, select DONE at the top of the screen. Hopefully, that will take care of it. If not, go to Manage Your Apple ID and make sure your information is verified.

Last edited:
Reactions: jobosumm

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for your help. I tried what you suggested, and everything verified after clicking 'Done'. However it still happens. Going to try the link you provided to see if that helps with the issue. Thanks again.

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
So going to the Manage Apple ID page seems to have done the trick. Which is odd as I only logged in, didn't change anything. Now Mail on my iPhone is no longer showing that annoying popup. Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So going to the Manage Apple ID page seems to have done the trick. Which is odd as I only logged in, didn't change anything. Now Mail on my iPhone is no longer showing that annoying popup. Thanks.

You're very welcome. ;) Take care and enjoy the rest of your evening.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem... All I did was sign in as we'll - seems to be fixed. Thanks:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sacul74

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I am having the Missing Password error on my gmail account. Entering the right password doesn't help. I have tried everything above with no success. Any suggestions?

trave1er

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. Try this: Go to Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendar/iCloud/Account and then re-enter your password. Afterwards, select DONE at the top of the screen. Hopefully, that will take care of it. If not, go to Manage Your Apple ID and make sure your information is verified.

I'm getting exactly the same popup asking for missing iCloud password. Just like the writer above, it keeps popping up no matter how many times I enter my correct password.

I've logged into "Manage Your Apple ID" as suggested above and saved no changes, but it seems I still have the problem. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I have a primary (old, non-editable) Apple ID of MyName@mac.com (an email address I no longer have access to) and an alternate Apple ID of MyName@me.com. My devices and iTunes Store all show my primary @mac.com Apple ID, even though that is not used for iCloud.

I only get the popup when I'm in the Mail application. It comes up even if iCloud Mail is turned off in Mail Settings. (and turning iCloud Mail OFF does NOT remove it's folders from the Mail application... it's still there no matter what)
I am running ios6.0.1 jailbroken.

Thanks!

Sure would appreciate any further great help you or others might be able to offer on this. The popup drives me crazy.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR