I have an iphone 4 so almost all features on ios6 are unavailable. the only thing i like is the fact that you can tell someone you'll call them back when your on a call. Every other feature is only on iphone 4s. What should have been done is releasing ios6 for at least iphone 4s. if most of the features don't work on iphone 4, what's the point of downloading. Passbook is essentially pointless right now. I'm very disappointed. Its a complete tease. I tried to use many of the promise features, they didn't work, and then i read later: only on 4s, only on 4s, only on 4s. My phone plan update isn't available till the end of december but im thinking about buying an iphone 5 at full price. Anyone having trouble with their password when trying to log into facebook, imessage, icloud on ipad 2? how do i solve this? i tried resetting network connections, doing a hard reset, nothing. and applecare is flood with incoming calls so no one was available. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-20-2012 07:51 AM
    I have an iphone 4 so almost all features on ios6 are unavailable. the only thing i like is the fact that you can tell someone you'll call them back when your on a call. Every other feature is only on iphone 4s. What should have been done is releasing ios6 for at least iphone 4s. if most of the features don't work on iphone 4, what's the point of downloading. Passbook is essentially pointless right now. I'm very disappointed. Its a complete tease. I tried to use many of the promise features, they didn't work, and then i read later: only on 4s, only on 4s, only on 4s. My phone plan update isn't available till the end of december but im thinking about buying an iphone 5 at full price. Anyone having trouble with their password when trying to log into facebook, imessage, icloud on ipad 2? how do i solve this? i tried resetting network connections, doing a hard reset, nothing. and applecare is flood with incoming calls so no one was available. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would wait till December. There using really much you're missing out on for now. Panorama photos and turn-by-turn navigation are really all we don't get on the iPhone 4.
    09-20-2012 08:10 AM
    I guess you didn't know that Apple does this with every single version of iOS. And yes, iOS 6 does have features on the iPhone 5 that the 4S doesn't do.
    09-20-2012 08:15 AM
    09-20-2012 08:26 AM
    yeah i was unaware. what about apple id pw problems?
    09-20-2012 08:27 AM
    Like?.....
    cant connect to facetime via 3g is a big one
    09-20-2012 08:29 AM
    That is not a true statement. There are very minor differences in what can be done on the 4s and the 5 that are software related. Check the Apple website to see those differences.

Apple - iPhone 5 - Compare specifications between iPhone models.
    09-20-2012 08:36 AM
    I'm in the same boat with iPhone 4. The update was a disappointment of sorts. My favorite part is Bluetooth toggle is finally conveniently located, believe it or not. Apple did their job though, because I have ordered an iPhone 5.
    09-20-2012 08:41 AM
    This is not a true statement. Check the Apple site to see and it says that the 4s can make and receive facetime calls over cellular...which would be 3g.
    09-20-2012 09:08 AM
    This is not a true statement. Check the Apple site to see and it says that the 4s can make and receive facetime calls over cellular...which would be 3g.
    sorry i meant that it isnt 3g on 3gs or 4. 4s correct
    09-20-2012 09:13 AM
    iphone 4s can facetime over 3G, iphone4 can't
    09-20-2012 09:16 AM
    sorry i meant that it isnt 3g on 3gs or 4. 4s correct
    i was too lose and you corrected yourself lol

and the 3gs doesn't need facetime over 3G...no front facing camera
    09-20-2012 09:18 AM
    app store is lagging, maps is terrible...other than that it's the same as ios5. not sure what else changed.
    09-20-2012 09:39 AM
  14. Nad
    I am unable to view my video playlist in my iPod after upgrading to ios6. However, I can still view the music playlist. The video playlist title are under the playlist in the iPod but when opened it, it is blank. When I connect the phone to my laptop & click on a particular playlist in the ipod, the videos in the playlist are there. Help!
    09-20-2012 10:38 AM
    I'm certain there are updates coming down the pike that will be iPhone 5 only and leave the 4s in the dust. Apple is banking on the fact that we will want every feature so some of us will consider buying the latest iPhone at full cost. If I had 600 bucks free and clear I would seriously consider getting a 5. But I just got my 4s in June so I got to get at least get a year out of it.

Then there are folks would could care less, Like my buddy who has been using a 3Gs with a cracked screen for the past couple of years and his contract has been up for over a year. He believes his cracked screen 3Gs has some sort of mojo LOL, seriously. I'm trying to convince him to at least get a iPhone 4 for free or 4s for 99. But he just doesn't care. He has no idea there is a new iPhone out lol.
    09-20-2012 11:03 AM
    I installed ios 6 on my iPhone 4S and my New iPad. When the notification screen is down you are supposed to be able to Tweet or Post on Facebook. The button for Tweet is on the notification Screen but the button for FaceBook is not there! Is this a bug or is there a way for me to show the FaceBook button on the Notification Screen?[
    09-20-2012 06:14 PM
    I installed ios 6 on my iPhone 4S and my New iPad. When the notification screen is down you are supposed to be able to Tweet or Post on Facebook. The button for Tweet is on the notification Screen but the button for FaceBook is not there! Is this a bug or is there a way for me to show the FaceBook button on the Notification Screen?[
    Go into Settings... scroll to Facebook and enter log-in info.
    09-20-2012 06:17 PM
    I believe you are incorrect! Most if not all of the features of ios 6 do work with an iPhone 4 and many even work on an iPhone 3GS. You may have encountered some problem in downloading the new ios. I think you will be very happy with all the features when you have the ios downloaded and installed correctly. Go for it!
    09-20-2012 06:21 PM
    does anyone need to know how to activate facetime and imessage, icloud and such which messed up on th ios6 update?
    09-20-2012 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD