Password not required for ANY purchase (not just free)

drumstick_ii

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue where your itunes password isnt being prompted for on any purchase? I bought several songs and an in-app purchase, and was never prompted.

Im terrified to let my kid near my phone at this point.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. I thought maybe I had changes a setting somehow but I didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoagie5252

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine still needs password for both free and paid. Bugs bugs and more bugs with this release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drumstick_ii

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Feature of iOS 6 since beta 1. You will need password for new purchases.

Agreed, except its not prompting on new purchases. Tested with itunes songs, apps, and in-app purchases. None prompted.

Basically my phone is a 3 year old's smurfberry mass weapon of destruction to my bank account right now. :)

drumstick_ii

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I may have found it, or at the very least, a workaround.
Settings->general->restrictions.

It was completely off. Once in there and turned on, I set "require password" to "immediately". There is also a "15 minutes" setting instead of immediately, but I'm not rich enough to try that setting and keep buying things to see if it worked :)

drumstick_ii

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
And now oddly enough, I turn off restrictions (like it was originally) and all is fine. Password prompting is now occurring. I dont know if cycling restrictions on and off woke it up or not.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My son checked his iTunes account & found out that that his 4 yr old daughter had $158.82 in app purchases.

Whoa! He really needs to enable restrictions on his device especially for in-app purchases. Because my youngest son play a lot of games and watch cartoons via Netflix on my iPad, I have restrictions enabled before instance, he cannot make any in-app purchases, he cannot delete any apps & he cannot purchase any apps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen