iOS 6 and battery life

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Battery life has indeed improved for me. It wasn't bad before the update, but I have noticed a marginal improvement, thus far. Hopefully, the improvement will continue.

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
On my iPod touch 4G White 8G, it seems to be doing amazingly! I haven't noticed hardly any battery drain in my device. So I think mine's good.

dancing-bass

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Wifey updated her 4s today and says it's really slow now. She wants to downgrade. Thoughts/input/advice? I know very little about iOS, but I'd like her to stay happy with her phone. Would a full drain and charge cycle help? I think she plugged into iTunes for the update.

NYC718

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Pretty happy with this.

jhq1r4.png

Last edited:

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Less Than Impressed

I didn't think it could be possible, but my battery life is worse than before! Took it off the charger at 7am and it was at 32% at noon with less than average use. I was messing around with the new iP5 I bought my wife this morning so I really haven't been on my iP4S hardly at all. I guess I need to go thru all the settings and try to maximize the battery, but this is ridiculous. Maybe it's jealous?:(

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I have experienced the same thing! Terrible battery since the update! It has mostly been in standby, I am going to back-up phone and completely reset entire phone and start as new phone, then start back-up. Hopefully that will make a difference.

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I did a complete reset from my phone, started as a new phone and restored from backup. It doesn't appear to have made any difference whatsoever. I will continue to play around with the settings and see if I can identify what is wrong with this....

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
FWIW I was having serious battery issues as well upon upgrading to iOS 6. After digging around a little I found that the time zone setting, and the diagnostic auto send setting were turned back on. I remembered these were huge problems with 5.0 when it was released so I went ahead and turned them back off. Also I discovered that somehow I had passbook set to use gps info, and even though there wasn't an arrow in the upper right corner when looking at location services it showed that it was constantly using GPS. (Purple arrow) I turned it back off since I don't see myself using that feature for a while, and so it seems my battery life is back to "normal".

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
WELL, after trying EVERYTHING I can tell you that on my 3GS nothing is going to make iOS 6 work unless Apple releases an update addressing the issue. I have done everything that everyone has suggested and not one of those things has worked. Oh well, keep this badboy plugged in at ALL times, I guess

StephenBB81

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Battery life on my 4S has dropped from 7h a day to a little over 6h a day with iOS6,
I'm not using it any more or less than I used it with iOS5,

I am blaming the battery drain on the fact it seems to spend far more time "connecting" for emails than iOS5 did, and the lighter themed dialpad in the phone section since a bulk of my usage is phone calls and I'm manually dialing many of them

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73