Do Not Disturb Question

danib62

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I really wish there was an easier/faster way to turn it on and off. A toggle in notification center like they have in mountain lion would be nice.

Blackfeet

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Can somebody please confirm that the ONLY sound allowed through when DoNotDisturb is configured and turned on is a phone ring? No mail and NO SMS?

If it also silences even SMS from a "Favorite" (for example) if so configured, that is a deal breaker for me. I work for a County Fire Dept. where a great deal of our alerting is done via SMS, but I do not want SMS messages from just anybody, only the Dept.

If this is a fact, I just gotta ask, (don't skewer me) BlackBerry has had for years the ability to set profiles and what you wanted to get, Ring Tones, Mail, Messages. all of it, some of it, from whom, etc. It can not be that hard - why can't Apple figure it out?!

Wolf Cookie

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb > Scheduled > ON (set desired times)

Ok, so I'm not bothered during the scheduled time I have set to turn on in the evening and then turn off the following morning. So when it turns off that morning, am I then notified of all the phone calls/text messages/emails at that point?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Ok, so I'm not bothered during the scheduled time I have set to turn on in the evening and then turn off the following morning. So when it turns off that morning, am I then notified of all the phone calls/text messages/emails at that point?

Yes. You're notified of those things exactly the way you have them setup.

uahero

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Have tested DND feature and really disappointed that silenced calls are rejected - Busy signal sent. I'd like them to go to my voicemail instead :(

Dezdon#IM

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick suggestion I ran into and hope it can help some, if you want a different DND Group then your Favorites, create a New Group on www.iCloud.com website and name it Do Not Disturb Group. I fumbled with different apps trying to create new Groups till I stumbled across this simple work through.

Rick0926

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I tested on my iPad. Set up an alarm, then manually turned on do not disturb. I still heard the alarm. That's good, because that is exactly how I would want it. :)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Can somebody please confirm that the ONLY sound allowed through when DoNotDisturb is configured and turned on is a phone ring? No mail and NO SMS?

If it also silences even SMS from a "Favorite" (for example) if so configured, that is a deal breaker for me. I work for a County Fire Dept. where a great deal of our alerting is done via SMS, but I do not want SMS messages from just anybody, only the Dept.

If this is a fact, I just gotta ask, (don't skewer me) BlackBerry has had for years the ability to set profiles and what you wanted to get, Ring Tones, Mail, Messages. all of it, some of it, from whom, etc. It can not be that hard - why can't Apple figure it out?!

I am curious about this myself- that is the ONLY thing I miss from BB... I get early morning texts from work too and sadly at this point just keep it on and hear everything...

Kryznic

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
why dont you test it out for yourself and see what happens? Or do you not have a current phone to do so? I can't imagine the stock alarm not working, I thought this feature was for just normal alerts such as phone, email, text.

Does apple every release like a manual of sorts on these features or do they just let you blindly stumble upon the answers?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
It worked for me last night using the native alarm clock. No SMS, or emails or tweets came through,

They were waiting for me when I woke up.

But I had to give up using the app Alarm Clock to make it work since the phone has to be locked to enable DnD. Consequently, no clock display during the night. Hopefully the app will be updated.

Good Luck

Last edited:

steveg_nh

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I wish it would silent other sounds too, like the screen lock, typing, game sounds, etc. I use the phone a bit when going to sleep, and the sounds bother my wife, so I put it in silent mode. I was hoping the DND would silence the local input sounds too, but no luck.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I wish it would silent other sounds too, like the screen lock, typing, game sounds, etc. I use the phone a bit when going to sleep, and the sounds bother my wife, so I put it in silent mode. I was hoping the DND would silence the local input sounds too, but no luck.

OR... just flip the silence switch... DND us a great idea, but it seems like WAY too much work at this point... give it until the first update and see what Apple does with it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro