Wifi doesn't work

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Att iphone 4s. Having the same issue... As i typed this the wifi connected.... Hope it stays on now!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it had anything to do with the settings. It was something else. I had reset everything and it still was not working. I put my phone now and I just connected and started working on it own. Must have been a software glitch.

TulioAdriano

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue, with iPhone 4S. Now the iPad 3 popped the window up however it just showed the message "Success" and now access my network normally. My iPhone 4 continues to access the network normally as well. Seems iPhone 4S is the only suffering at this time.

That gave me an idea, since my iPad is not the 3G version, it could never open "apple" website without the WiFi working... so I went on Settings, Disabled WiFi, then Cellular, and disabled Cellular data. Then I enabled WiFi again and it connected without issues. Re-enabled cellular data and all is working well right now.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Here's what was going on...

iOS does a check when it connects to a wifi node that looks to see if you are connecting to a hotspot that requires you to go to a web page to log in... and this check will pull up Safari for folks so they can log-in if needed... the URL of the check page was failing - so it went to a 404 page on Apple's servers. All should be well.

Reactions: Jared DiPane

steveg_nh

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Here's what was going on...

iOS does a check when it connects to a wifi node that looks to see if you are connecting to a hotspot that requires you to go to a web page to log in... and this check will pull up Safari for folks so they can log-in if needed... the URL of the check page was failing - so it went to a 404 page on Apple's servers. All should be well.

And that was killing the whole wifi connection? yuck.

mamic16

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have same problem. Trying to restart network settings, restarting iphone and when Im put IPhone 4s in airplane mode for 30 sec my wifi started working and now is okey, strange :/

brewski77

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
this is what pops up when i try and connect via wifi at home. which by the way home wifi is working just fine and both iphone 4s on verizon were connected since we updated to ios 6. now bam doesnt want to work.

steveg_nh

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Just tried again. Seems fixed. Weird that the wifi on these devices would be reliant on an apple webpage to work. Is this just a one time thing for the connection, and since this was an OS upgrade, it needed to 'check' again?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73