Wifi doesn't work

pfry10

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue with it not connecting to wifi and it was sending me to "www.apple.com, page not found".

I unplugged both my cable modem and wifi router for 10 seconds each and it fixed the wifi on my iPad.

steveg_nh

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Is it normal that when I wake the phone up, if I look closely, I see the phone is on 3G and then quickly flips to wifi? Almost like when it goes asleep, it goes to 3G? Or is it just an icon switch delay on the display? When I'm on wifi, I'd expect it to stay on wifi and not go back to 3G when it's sleeping. Anyone else see this?

To test, once the phone has gone off by itself, press the home button and look closely when it wakes up. Do you see it switch? I don't think I've seen that before prior to iOS 6.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is it normal that when I wake the phone up, if I look closely, I see the phone is on 3G and then quickly flips to wifi? Almost like when it goes asleep, it goes to 3G? Or is it just an icon switch delay on the display? When I'm on wifi, I'd expect it to stay on wifi and not go back to 3G when it's sleeping. Anyone else see this?

To test, once the phone has gone off by itself, press the home button and look closely when it wakes up. Do you see it switch? I don't think I've seen that before prior to iOS 6.

It's normal. WiFi goes to sleep when the phone is asleep - saves battery.

berry_addict

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded to iOS 6 and now my wi if wont work on my 4s with AT&T. My other devices and upgraded fine an iPad and iPhone 4. Anyone else having problems?

I experienced the same problem. I don't know if it's because I used FaceTime, but I noticed the wi-fi problem after that. To resolve, I de-activated the facetime in the settings, and put it back on again. The problem was solved.

I had the same issue on the iPad3, eventhought I did'nt used it to facetime. But the Wi-Fi was fixed after that I sorted resetted Facetime on the iPhone 4.

Mazon

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
here's what I did, solved it

go into wifi settings for your access point
click on forget this connection

do a reset where you hold the power and home buttons at the same time

let it sit

power on

go to settings, wifi

choose your wifi and click on

put in you pass word and you should be good to go

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
No problem here with WiFi on my 4S connecting to my home network (secure). I'll find out tomorrow how it works at the office. ~ecm