Wifi doesn't work

Jared DiPane

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Here's what was going on...

iOS does a check when it connects to a wifi node that looks to see if you are connecting to a hotspot that requires you to go to a web page to log in... and this check will pull up Safari for folks so they can log-in if needed... the URL of the check page was failing - so it went to a 404 page on Apple's servers. All should be well.

Thanks for the great explanation! Thankfully it was a simple fix that was on Apple's end, and didn't require an OS update, or something that would have many users even more confused!

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I called AppleCare and the supervisor told me they've just started to see a rash of these instances happen. Both my 4S and my wife's will not connect now. I get the same "Log In" web site from Apple. Very frustrating.....

mrwilly

May 12, 2012
Visit site
i was having this exact problem on my 4S with iOS 5.1.1, kept getting the apple.com page to login when connecting, everything is working now.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I did that I read in another thread that appears to have worked for the time being:

1. Go to settings-->Safari-->Clear Cookies and Data
2. You will get a pop that asks to you confirm that you would like to clear cookies and data, do it.
3. Restart your iPhone by holding the home button and on/off button UNTIL THE APPLE LOGO APPEARS ON THE SCREEN. Don't let go early.
4. If not connected to wifi, connect through settings menu.

ctsmd

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
No Luck

Reset Network settings....
Hard Reboot......
Tried auto Join on and off......
Still get apple.com page and no connect.....
So Frustrating
with iOS 5 if auto join was on and auto login off it always worked.

mtavenger55

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
My wifi & 3G weren't working! My App store also crashed in the middle of updating apps & I lost half of my apps! All of my home screen apps were there but when I scrolled over nothing was there! Frustrated I turned off my iPhone 4 to let the bugs cool down for a bit. Not updating my iPad 2 for sure today lol.

kedwards1217

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same issue with my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 after updating to iOS 6. Wifi worked fine for several hours and then would only connect for a second before disconnecting and getting the apple.com page. My husband went into the router and deactivated all security, then logged on with iPhone and made sure the phone worked with no security. Everything worked fine like that, so then he went back in and secured the network. Seems to be working fine on all devices now.

vmshah

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
WiFi Bug fix.

iOS 6 wifi bug fix: Settings > WiFi > (select the blue arrow next to choose network) >scroll down to "HTTP Proxy" > set to Auto.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73