iOS 6, Messages and FaceTime.

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Help! According to the review article, it should be possible to set up Messages and FaceTime so that all messages go to all devices. But my iPad settings will only allow me to add email addresses, not phone numbers. What am I missing??

Thanks,
Laura

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you've already updated your iPhone to iOS 6, go into the Messages settings and let it register your phone number and then you'll see it come up on your iPad.

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. i looked... In my iPhone iMessage settings, it says, "You can be reached at: (my phone #, checked but grayed out), and my email address, checked and not grayed out." My iMessage settings on my iPad only list my email address, checked and grayed out. There is a place to add another email, but it won't accept a phone number. ??

Thanks,
Laura

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
On your iPad do this: When you go into the settings>messages>Send & Receive, hit the Apple ID at the top and sign out. Once it's signed out, sign back in. You should see your phone number after that.

For good measure, I would do that exact same thing first on the iPhone. I had to do this a couple of times
with the betas. When it signs back in it fetches the new registered addresses.

Reactions: simplylaurakb

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73