Apex550

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
There were some things on the web that I read an hour or so ago. Go to settings->general->date & time turn off automatically, then change the time to the same date but next year (2013) then run passbook and some apps will show up. Download those apps and then go back and set your time back to automatic. Keep in mind there won't be many apps to choose from.

This works but you left out to double click home button to close the passbook app in the background after setting year to 2013, then reopen the app. Works like a charm. All the apps that work with passbook are listed.

Reactions: ssandler77

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get the account into passbook? I've tried Target, United, and Starbucks and do not see anything.This is madening! I managed to get a Target coupon into passbook but thats all!

RodneyJ725

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Passbook only tells me what types of things I can add, and show an AppStore button. When I select an app, such as Fandango or Target, that store's app installed and shows as a typical icon, it does not show at all. lol:)

crossfire3636

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
passbook is pointless right now. my phone is also slower. question. i have a family plan stationed at a verizon wireless store. if i buy a phone at best buy will i be disconnected from family plan?

iMark

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Passbook is nowhere close to a replacement for Keyring as far as loyalty cards go.

Instead of entering numbers manually in Passbook, Keyring uses the camera to take pictures of teh barcode. Plus, most stores are already in teh database.

I was hoping Passbook would do what Keyring does with a more elegant GUI. But it's difficult to set up, poorly organized, and not ready for use.

Reactions: MaxiumGrimm

arath

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Passbook is nowhere close to a replacement for Keyring as far as loyalty cards go.

Instead of entering numbers manually in Passbook, Keyring uses the camera to take pictures of teh barcode. Plus, most stores are already in teh database.

I was hoping Passbook would do what Keyring does with a more elegant GUI. But it's difficult to set up, poorly organized, and not ready for use.

Agreed. I was holding off downloading keyring until I saw Passbook. Guess I will tuck Passbook away in a folder and download Keyring today.

MrsAmbee0321

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Best advice ever!!!!!

There were some things on the web that I read an hour or so ago. Go to settings->general->date & time turn off automatically, then change the time to the same date but next year (2013) then run passbook and some apps will show up. Download those apps and then go back and set your time back to automatic. Keep in mind there won't be many apps to choose from.

Thank you!!!!!

MaxiumGrimm

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

THANKS never knew about this app.... you just saved my back from alll the cards in my wallet !! :)

JsGrandma

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Mobile coupons now in Passbook

I was able to get my mobile coupons for Target into Passbook (finally) and now when I open Passbook, it shows those but nothing else. Wish I figure out how to get my Starbucks card into Passbook........:confused:

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: iEd

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
so pardon my ignorance here, but you have to already have the app, say Starbucks or Target, on your phone for it to add to passbook correct? or no?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
PassSource is very cool. Just created a few Pharmacy savings cards a Starbucks card and the Lost Flight Boarding Pass Oceanic 815.

I also created my Delta Skymiles card. When I first added it to Passbook my miles showed as N/A then all of a sudden I got a notification bar and the miles on the Passbook card changed to my accrued
miles. I have the Delta app on my phone but I wasn't logged in on the phone I was logged in on my Mac.

So I guess the miles will change automatically on the passbook card when I take a flight using my Skymiles.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73