How did you get the cvs card into passbook?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used http://passsource.com for mine. Haven't actually used the card yet though.
    10-08-2012 06:29 PM
    Get more passes at Flon Solutions.
    passbook-image.jpgpassbook-image.jpg
    Last edited by johndhynes; 10-12-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    10-09-2012 05:14 AM
    Evidently there is an issue with my phone or iOS...for the fifth time now I've gone into Starbucks and it hasn't worked. First several times it took 5min to pop up...not exactly a benefit. This time went in, used the facilities, ordered my coffee, and walked out. Total time in store ~10 minutes. No notification at all. I even connected to their WiFi and opened the actual Starbucks app thinking that may trigger it. Nothing. I even chef to make sure the actual app listed a location where I was and sure enough, big blue dot right on top of the pin for that store location.

To my knowledge, there's nothing special to do for it to work other than add the card to Passbook correct?
    10-10-2012 04:14 PM
    Evidently there is an issue with my phone or iOS...for the fifth time now I've gone into Starbucks and it hasn't worked. First several times it took 5min to pop up...not exactly a benefit. This time went in, used the facilities, ordered my coffee, and walked out. Total time in store ~10 minutes. No notification at all. I even connected to their WiFi and opened the actual Starbucks app thinking that may trigger it. Nothing. I even chef to make sure the actual app listed a location where I was and sure enough, big blue dot right on top of the pin for that store location.

To my knowledge, there's nothing special to do for it to work other than add the card to Passbook correct?
    Just to refresh and without me having to read previous posts (I'm lazy today), Passbook is turned on in the iPhone's "Location Services" AND it is setup via the "Notifications" option. If it is not then you will NOT get a pop-up notification when you are near a Starbucks store. As for your specific question, having the Starbucks card in your Passbook, aside from the aforementioned, is a convenient way to pay for your Starbucks purchases without having to go into your wallet or purse.
    10-10-2012 05:51 PM

You do have that Starbucks location marked as a favorite, right? Because that's how it knows to apply the geofencing to a specific location.

That being said, I've had that happen to me as well. I'm guessing its a problem with either the GPS coordinates that Starbucks has set up for that location or the way that Apple has implemented the geofence for Passbook. Since I've had Passbook work in other locations, I would guess that it's the former issue. In fact I've had my Starbucks pass card show up on the lock screen when I'm several hundred yards away from the actual location.

I don't know how soon they will fix it, but if you go into the Starbucks app itself and search for a location, there is an option to report an issue and give them a better pin location.
    10-10-2012 06:07 PM
    Yep...turned on in both spots
    10-10-2012 10:51 PM
    Thanks for the responses Karen and D. Yes, it's turned on in both locations and notifications. No, this store isn't a favorite as its not a normal location for me. I wasn't aware that it needed to be for the app to work. Will I have to "favorite" the airports I travel thru to get my United or Delta apps to work? I would hope not. Not trying to be snarky, just asking the question. You wouldn't think you'd need to favorite them but I've been wrong before.

It has worked in the past, it just takes 5-10min for it to pop up the notification. By then, they've already made my coffee and I'm out the door. In fact, the second time I went there, the notification popped up when I got into my car to leave...which makes the app worthless to me.

Don't get me wrong- I love the idea of Passbook. I fly frequently and am in Starbucks often more than once a day. This would be great if it worked. So far, it hasn't...at least not for me. My hope is that it gets better.
    10-10-2012 10:56 PM
    Thanks D. Yes, it's turned on in both locations and notifications. It has worked in the past, it just takes 5-10min for it to pop up the notification. By then, they've already made my coffee and I'm out the door. In fact, the second time I went there, the notification popped up when I got into my car to leave...which makes the app worthless to me.

I love the idea of Passbook. I'm in Starbucks frequently and often more than once a day. This would be great if it worked. So far, it hasn't...at least not for me. My hope is that it gets better.
    Oh okay. Still, you were able to pay for your coffee via your Starbucks card in Passbook, right? If so, then I agree with the other person who mentioned that the problem is more likely GPS-related. Personally, that's not a problem for me because I'm used to firing up the Keyring app to be scanned for reward savings and it'll be the same for me with Passbook. Anyway, I hope it works itself out and get back to working like it is suppose to for you, my friend. In the meantime, take care and have a great night.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 10-11-2012 at 08:31 AM.
    10-10-2012 11:06 PM
    I think the needing to be in favorites is just a Starbucks thing. The company that creates the passcard specifies the geofences for it. So I'm guessing that for something like an airline ticket, the airline would have it geocoded to the departure airport, so no favoriting needed.

If you click the 'i' on the pass card for Starbucks it will show you the locations it is looking for. It doesn't mean you can't use the pass card in other Starbucks, that's just the locations it is looking for to auto popup the pass card.
    10-10-2012 11:46 PM
    Oh okay. Still, you were able to pay for your coffee via your Starbucks card in Passbook, right? If so, then I agree with the other person who mentioned that the problem is more likely GPS-related. Personally, that's not a problem for me because I'm used to firing up the Keyring app to be scanned for reward savings and it'll be the same for me with Passbook. Anyway, I hope it works itself out and get back to working like it is suppose for you, my friend. In the meantime, take care and have a great night.
    Actually, I could have used Passbook but paid by opening the Starbucks app. Thanks for the replies and you have a great night as well!

I think the needing to be in favorites is just a Starbucks thing. The company that creates the passcard specifies the geofences for it. So I'm guessing that for something like an airline ticket, the airline would have it geocoded to the departure airport, so no favoriting needed.

If you click the 'i' on the pass card for Starbucks it will show you the locations it is looking for. It doesn't mean you can't use the pass card in other Starbucks, that's just the locations it is looking for to auto popup the pass card.
    Good to know about Starbucks Karen! I'll make sure to favorite those I frequent in hopes it works. I really do have faith in Apple...ultimately they want their products / apps to work and 95% of the time they do just that. Guess I'm just being a bit overcritical since the Apple experience is usually flawless. Have a good one!
    10-11-2012 01:25 AM
    Just curious about how the Starbucks Passbook card works and the possible direction of Passbook in general... How do you get money on the Passbook card? Can you link it to a credit card? Do you have to manually add funds?
    10-11-2012 09:34 AM
    Just curious about how the Starbucks Passbook card works and the possible direction of Passbook in general... How do you get money on the Passbook card? Can you link it to a credit card? Do you have to manually add funds?
    You manage/replenish your card either online or via the Starbucks app and Passbook works in conjunction with the Starbucks app in regard to getting the card into Passbook and keeping track of your balance. At least that is how it appears to me. As for linking credit cards and such, all of that is done through Starbucks either online or again, via its app. Passbook appears to just be a payment system. With the Starbucks app installed, you really don't need Passbook, in my opinion. Note: I am not an expert on Passbook and I am just giving you my interpretation....
    10-11-2012 09:45 AM
    I believe that once you have Passbook set up with your Starbucks account you no longer new the Starbucks app as long as you are willing to top up your Starbucks card via the web. Or you have it set to automatically add money to the Starbucks card.

The Starbucks app and the Passbook app don't communicate with each other directly; the Starbucks "pass" communicates with a backend Starbucks service to update your balance on the "pass".
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-11-2012 10:54 AM
    You manage/replenish your card either online or via the Starbucks app and Passbook works in conjunction with the Starbucks app in regard to getting the card into Passbook and keeping track of your balance. At least that is how it appears to me. As for linking credit cards and such, all of that is done through Starbucks either online or again, via its app. Passbook appears to just be a payment system. With the Starbucks app installed, you really don't need Passbook, in my opinion. Note: I am not an expert on Passbook and I am just giving you my interpretation....
    Ok, so if you add a credit card to your Starbucks account online... If you go to buy a coffee and have $0 balance on your Starbucks Passbook card, will it charge your purchase to your credit card or do you have to go to the website and replinish the Passbook card first?

I'm wondering if at some point we'll be able to add a credit card to Passbook or link it to the credit card on file w/ iTunes and make all of our purchases. OR if we'll always have to go in online and fund gift cards for each indivdual store we might shop at.
    10-11-2012 11:18 AM
    Ok, so if you add a credit card to your Starbucks account online... If you go to buy a coffee and have $0 balance on your Starbucks Passbook card, will it charge your purchase to your credit card or do you have to go to the website and replinish the Passbook card first?
    I don't know. Remember to look at passport as sort of an electronic copy of your actual Starbucks card. Instead of reaching in your wallet for the card, simply use the electronic version of the card either via the Starbucks app or via the Passbook app. I would think that the Starbucks app itself would accommodate the question you asked being that you can add credit card information to it as well as manage your account. Again, I don't know for certain.

I'm wondering if at some point we'll be able to add a credit card to Passbook or link it to the credit card on file w/ iTunes and make all of our purchases. OR if we'll always have to go in online and fund gift cards for each indivdual store we might shop at.
    Only time will tell, my friend.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 10-11-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    10-11-2012 12:08 PM
    My passbook:
    passbook-image.jpg
    10-12-2012 07:40 PM
    Cool. THx for your help.
    I purchased tickets but instill can't view it in passbook.
    10-12-2012 09:18 PM
    John,
    What exactly is the MGM for?
    TIA
    10-12-2012 09:26 PM
    2001: A Space Odysey
    Attached Thumbnails passbook-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1350094775.692150.jpg  
    10-12-2012 10:20 PM
    Got it.
    Tks John
    10-13-2012 10:59 AM
    I know it's been mentioned that once your have your vendors app associated with Passbook, you can delete the vendors app.
    But I'm not sure this will work with the Target App.
    The only thing that loads into Passbook is a Target Coupon. You still need the app to see what new coupons are available. Then you add that new coupon to Passbook by clicking on "add to passbook". Right?
    TIA
    10-14-2012 12:13 AM
    Another question,
    How are we going to be informed when new apps are Passbook compatible?
    When you search the App Store, nothing appears when you search "Passbook". I thought maybe there would be a special section that lusted the apps (like it did whenyounfirst opened the Passbook app). Or maybe the App Store is just down.
    TIA
    10-14-2012 10:17 AM
    There is a section for passbook compatible apps. Should be on the first page of the App Store.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-14-2012 10:22 AM
    Another question,
    How are we going to be informed when new apps are Passbook compatible?
    When you search the App Store, nothing appears when you search "Passbook". I thought maybe there would be a special section that lusted the apps (like it did whenyounfirst opened the Passbook app). Or maybe the App Store is just down.
    TIA
    They've had a section on the main page of the app store. You may have to scroll left or right to see it.

There really should be a better way.
    10-14-2012 10:23 AM
    Tks Karenkcoulter,
    I found it.
    Good Luck

---------- Post Merged at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Tks kilcher,
    I agree, it should be easier.
    I found it.
    Good Luck
    10-14-2012 10:32 AM
114 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD