passbook is pointless right now. my phone is also slower. question. i have a family plan stationed at a verizon wireless store. if i buy a phone at best buy will i be disconnected from family plan?
    09-20-2012 08:55 AM
    This has not been the smoothest OS launch.
    for everone before 4s and new ipad with exception of one feature this os launch was essentially pointless. passbook should have never come out this early
    09-20-2012 08:58 AM
    does anyone know on ipad 2 why pw's srent working for apple id?
    09-20-2012 09:02 AM
    Passbook is nowhere close to a replacement for Keyring as far as loyalty cards go.

Instead of entering numbers manually in Passbook, Keyring uses the camera to take pictures of teh barcode. Plus, most stores are already in teh database.

I was hoping Passbook would do what Keyring does with a more elegant GUI. But it's difficult to set up, poorly organized, and not ready for use.
    09-20-2012 09:06 AM
    Passbook is nowhere close to a replacement for Keyring as far as loyalty cards go.

Instead of entering numbers manually in Passbook, Keyring uses the camera to take pictures of teh barcode. Plus, most stores are already in teh database.

I was hoping Passbook would do what Keyring does with a more elegant GUI. But it's difficult to set up, poorly organized, and not ready for use.
    Agreed. I was holding off downloading keyring until I saw Passbook. Guess I will tuck Passbook away in a folder and download Keyring today.
    09-20-2012 09:11 AM
    There were some things on the web that I read an hour or so ago. Go to settings->general->date & time turn off automatically, then change the time to the same date but next year (2013) then run passbook and some apps will show up. Download those apps and then go back and set your time back to automatic. Keep in mind there won't be many apps to choose from.

Thank you!!!!!
    09-20-2012 12:46 PM

THANKS never knew about this app.... you just saved my back from alll the cards in my wallet !!
    09-20-2012 12:51 PM
    I was able to set up a Starbucks card using www.passsource.com
    09-20-2012 12:55 PM
    I am glad I am not the only one having this issue. If you get a fix let me know.
    09-20-2012 01:01 PM
    I was able to get my mobile coupons for Target into Passbook (finally) and now when I open Passbook, it shows those but nothing else. Wish I figure out how to get my Starbucks card into Passbook........
    09-20-2012 02:12 PM
    I was able to get my mobile coupons for Target into Passbook (finally) and now when I open Passbook, it shows those but nothing else. Wish I figure out how to get my Starbucks card into Passbook........
    Same issue here, once I added something the link to the available "passes" went away.

For Starbucks try PassSource - Create Passbook passes and Manage your own custom Apple iOS 6 Passbook PassKit passes for free for your iPhone
    09-20-2012 03:54 PM
    so pardon my ignorance here, but you have to already have the app, say Starbucks or Target, on your phone for it to add to passbook correct? or no?
    09-20-2012 04:44 PM
    I signed up for the mobile coupons in the target app and it had an option to add to passbook. Don't have any gift cards but I'm sure it would have the option too if I added them under My Giftcards in the app
    Thanks for the info!!
    09-20-2012 05:19 PM
    PassSource is very cool. Just created a few Pharmacy savings cards a Starbucks card and the Lost Flight Boarding Pass Oceanic 815.

I also created my Delta Skymiles card. When I first added it to Passbook my miles showed as N/A then all of a sudden I got a notification bar and the miles on the Passbook card changed to my accrued
    miles. I have the Delta app on my phone but I wasn't logged in on the phone I was logged in on my Mac.

So I guess the miles will change automatically on the passbook card when I take a flight using my Skymiles.
    09-20-2012 06:55 PM
    Pass Book seems to a fail. It is confusing and needs to have a way to manage it from the app.
    09-20-2012 07:47 PM
    I'm kinda weary about this pass code and putting card info into this website. How trusted is this site,who created it, And how do we know this isn't a scam?
    Hear ya- I thought of that too.
    09-20-2012 08:03 PM
    Pass Book seems to a fail. It is confusing and needs to have a way to manage it from the app.
    True. Key Ring is WAY better. Apple should buy it to fix their weak passbook app.
    09-20-2012 08:50 PM
    I'm kinda weary about this pass code and putting card info into this website. How trusted is this site,who created it, And how do we know this isn't a scam?
    Great point
    09-20-2012 09:57 PM
    Looks like that's just cosmetic leg me know if the ones u created actually work the fine print says its pretty much for show and not guaranteed to work
    Certainly works - I've used it a half dozen times. You need to input a valid card # that you buy at a sbux.

Been usin passbook and setting up via passsource.com since beta 1
    09-20-2012 10:07 PM
    This works but you left out to double click home button to close the passbook app in the background after setting year to 2013, then reopen the app. Works like a charm. All the apps that work with passbook are listed.
    I tried this workaround and it didn't work. I guess I'll just have to wait until Apple figures this out. I have and iPhone 4. My son has a new iPhone 5 and my wife has a 4S and it works for both of them. I don't know if it's related to the fact that I have an older phone.
    09-21-2012 10:35 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to get the account into passbook? I've tried Target, United, and Starbucks and do not see anything.This is madening! I managed to get a Target coupon into passbook but thats all!
    Starbucks said their app would be updated next month.
    09-21-2012 10:47 PM
    Actually Starbucks said the end of September.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    09-21-2012 11:14 PM
    I'm getting the cannot connect to iTunes on the passbook app on my iPhone 5, the fix I used on the iPhone 4S is not working. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-21-2012 11:36 PM
    Agreed. I was holding off downloading keyring until I saw Passbook. Guess I will tuck Passbook away in a folder and download Keyring today.
    Any luck moving Passbook? If I try to move it off the first page, my phone crashes.
    09-23-2012 01:53 AM
    Any luck moving Passbook? If I try to move it off the first page, my phone crashes.
    It moves fine. Try rebooting your device.
    09-23-2012 04:49 AM
114 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD