iOS 6 bugs and feedback

dweb#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
i don't know if this is a bug or not. but i had to twitter account on my iPhone and today i removed one of them but the contacts from that account are still showing up. Does anyone know if this a iOS 6 bug and can anyone help me fix it? It might just be a iPhone thing because i did the same thing on my iPad and the contacts from that account don't show up.

iPhone 4 stock
iPad 3 stock both are running the most up-to date twitter app.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
i don't know if this is a bug or not. but i had to twitter account on my iPhone and today i removed one of them but the contacts from that account are still showing up. Does anyone know if this a iOS 6 bug and can anyone help me fix it? It might just be a iPhone thing because i did the same thing on my iPad and the contacts from that account don't show up.

iPhone 4 stock
iPad 3 stock both are running the most up-to date twitter app.

Did you remove it from settings > twitter? If so then go into contacts, tap groups in the top left, and tap the little refresh symbol in the top left.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It is no secret that the YouTube app would be removed From I-devices. That has been reported repeatedly. As for cloud syncing of bookmarks, mine still work. I reset both my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 and set them up as new. I did not restore from a backup and my bookmarks (all of them) were present and synced among my devices. Note: I did not update OTA. I updated via iTunes.

Bummer! I hadn't read about the removal of the native YouTube app.
;)

So when you reset your iPhone and iPad as new, did you have to start over and add your bookmarks and they synced after that? Or did the old bookmarks just "show up" on both devices? My old bookmarks are still on my iPad - hoping that they will eventually "appear" on my iPhone since the "open iPad apps" seem to work.

I updated OTA on both devices.

BeeRad#IM

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I haven't been able to read all of these but I have a serious issue with iMessage no longer working properly (hit and miss) when using Airplane Mode/WiFi only. Most of the time the messages just hang and eventually say I need to turn radios on and send via SMS.

This is really bad for me because I work all day in poor CDMA reception (metal building) and killing the cell radio makes a HUGE difference. I can do most things off of WiFi alone. So because this doesn't work in iOS 6 (all of the betas were like this) my battery life is atrocious now.

Apple, please fix this! :-/

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
On a positive note, the VIP emails are an improvement. I've been hoping we eventually could have separate icons with badge alerts for each email account, but this is a step closer! The separate email ringtone alert is what I've been waiting for. Next on the wishlist is the ability to customize ringtones for a specific email account and email contact that isn't necessarily in the VIP folder.

Another plus is that the email signatures can finally be customized per account. I no longer have to delete my work signature from my personal emails! Very cool! :)

Also liking the insert photo or video while writing an email. :)

Last edited:

dweb#AC

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you remove it from settings > twitter? If so then go into contacts, tap groups in the top left, and tap the little refresh symbol in the top left.

yes i removed it from the twitter settings. i also refreshed my contacts in the twitter app, the setting for twitter and my actual contacts app they still appear

Ryans80

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
You're right about the downloading. I hadn't noticed that. But you can swipe to delete songs by turning off iTunes Match in Settings. Definitely a bad move (or bug) about the downloading, though. I'm not using cellular data to stream songs. That's ludicrous.

Thanks for the tip. Funny how you have to actually turn off iTunes Match and not just show all music to be able to delete a song.

kermitmama

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Definitely noticing the autobrightness issue. It simply does not work on my device. My iOS 6 install was a clean one, through iTunes not OTA.

My auto brightness actually didn't work right before the update. I was shocked when I went into my son's room late to give him a bottle and I wasn't blinded when I turned the screen on to record the time in my notes :)

Sinthor

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Multiple issues on two devices- wifi sync and iPhoto albums

I've never had an issue upgrading iOS before, but I have the following issue on both my devices (iPhone 4 and iPad (3rd gen) ):

1. After upgrading both devices and then running the iPhoto 9.4 and Mountain Lion updates on my MacBook Pro, neither device will show up in iTunes unless physically connected to the laptop. Wireless synch is selected and I've tried deselecting/reselecting to no avail.

2. Both devices no longer have my iphoto albums that were being synched. The "Photos" tab in iTunes only lets me select to synch ALL photos from iPhoto. Option to sync only selected albums, events, faces is grayed out. In the area below, albums used to be shown, even if grayed out. Nothing shows. I've tried repairing and rebuilding the iPhoto library, fixing permissions, deleting iPod Cache folder from the iPhoto Library package contents. it just doesn't work.

What bothers me is that BOTH the devices I updated have the same issues. Oh, the devices also fail to do a full sync with an error 1140. This indicates insufficient space which is no wonder since my iPhoto library is too big for the devices to hold!

jlb21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Another iTunes Match related item.....

This is similar to when Match first came out but I am getting a lot of the following messages when trying to fire up Genius via iTunes Match:

Try Again

This song does not have enough related songs to create a genius playlist

I know this was a problem when Match first came out. It's real weird.

- a song on one album might generate a PL but not another song on the same album
- if i am able to generate a PL, I can select another song in that Genius PL and get the same error.....

I want to toss it up to the servers are getting hammered right now, but it seems like a bug to me.....

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Overall I am not too happy with iOS 6. This seems very UN-APPLE like. Passbook is a mess, my wifi is screwed up, my email no longer is being pushed... I could go on but I am quite frustrated. I really wish I had waited.:mad:

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I may be in the minority,but I like the new OS. I had a minor issue with Passbook this morning,but after doing some research,I resolved it. Everything is working nicely,I must say.

taguluchi

May 18, 2012
Visit site
My auto brightness actually didn't work right before the update. I was shocked when I went into my son's room late to give him a bottle and I wasn't blinded when I turned the screen on to record the time in my notes :)

Yeah seems like auto brightness is working different I have it on and went to brightness and went into a dark room from a well lit room and I see the slider and screen adjust just not as fast as before the update more subtle now

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
On a positive note, the VIP emails are an improvement. I've been hoping we eventually could have separate icons with badge alerts for each email account, but this is a step closer! The separate email ringtone alert is what I've been waiting for. Next on the wishlist is the ability to customize ringtones for a specific email account and email contact that isn't necessarily in the VIP folder.

Another plus is that the email signatures can finally be customized per account. I no longer have to delete my work signature from my personal emails! Very cool! :)

Also liking the insert photo or video while writing an email. :)

yes and bluetooth and wifi are both on the 1st page of settings, finally!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Bummer! I hadn't read about the removal of the native YouTube app.
;)

So when you reset your iPhone and iPad as new, did you have to start over and add your bookmarks and they synced after that? Or did the old bookmarks just "show up" on both devices? My old bookmarks are still on my iPad - hoping that they will eventually "appear" on my iPhone since the "open iPad apps" seem to work.

I updated OTA on both devices.

The Safari bookmarks magically re-appeared on my iPhone! Did an iCloud backup on the phone and they were restored. Glad I decided to wait and didn't reload the URLs right away and ended up with duplicates! :)

Really loving the VIP email folder and notification. :D

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
New bug: trying to delete an app icon. Pressing and holding makes them wiggle but there are no x's to delete them. Already re-booted. Any ideas? Thanks!

Coffeegrower

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Can't seem to move icons around since iOS6. As soon as you do, then hit the home button to set them, the phone reboots for a second and the screen goes dim. When you get back into the phone the icons are right back where they were originally. Not sure why I continue to update the OS on these things on the first day they come out. :)

I'm having the same problem with my 4S - if I drag an app into a folder, Springboard crashes (shows the Apple logo for a few seconds), the icon jumps back to it's original position, and the screen dims completely. This happens even after doing a hard reset. Anyone else seeing this one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2