iOS 6 bugs and feedback

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Found a really strange, only slightly annoying bug. If you open an app that is in an app folder on your home screen, use the app for a bit, then press the home button to return to the home screen, then press the home button to close the folder, the folder takes about 2 seconds to close. Like the phone is thinking. What's strange though is that if you tap the space around the folder rather than pressing the home button to close it, it closes instantly. I guess I'll have to retrain my fingers to do that.

I noticed that too. Started in beta 2.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
It reset all of my alarms in TimeTuner to 4PM (should be 5 or 5:30 AM depending on the day). Fortunately, the iPhone alarm did go off at 5:08 to get me out of bed. I've changed the alarms back to where they are supposed to be in TimeTuner and they seem to be staying put. Only hitch so far in iOS 6 for me.

E-POTS

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Found a really strange, only slightly annoying bug. If you open an app that is in an app folder on your home screen, use the app for a bit, then press the home button to return to the home screen, then press the home button to close the folder, the folder takes about 2 seconds to close. Like the phone is thinking. What's strange though is that if you tap the space around the folder rather than pressing the home button to close it, it closes instantly. I guess I'll have to retrain my fingers to do that.

2 seconds seems like a long delay cuz there will always be a small delay since it wait for a double (or triple) tap if you want to activate siri or assistive feature.

try a reboot/hard reset

Nad?ge2012

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I am unable to view my video playlist in my iphone's iPod after upgrading to ios6. However, I can still view the music playlist. The video playlist title are under the playlist in the iPod but when opened it, it is blank. When I connect the phone to my laptop & click on a particular playlist in the ipod, the videos in the playlist are there. Help!

Last edited:

Ryans80

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
The way I've always done it (unless it's been changed in iO6) is under settings for Music under iTunes Match, set to "Show All Music". This will display your whole iTunes Cloud collection in your music. Select the song(s) you want to download and after downloading set the Show All Music to Off again (unless you want to leave it on). Personally, I just want to see what's on my phone, so I leave it off.

That was the case in IOS5. You can't select individual songs to download anymore. You also can't delete music anymore. The only work around is to add the individual songs to a playlist and then download the playlist.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
2 seconds seems like a long delay cuz there will always be a small delay since it wait for a double (or triple) tap if you want to activate siri or assistive feature.

try a reboot/hard reset

Reboot and hard reset didn't work. It seems this is affecting other users as well. It's a small bug but an annoying one.

EmEuS

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Sorry if this is redundant but Im getting a "cannot connect to itunes store" message whenever I try and set up passbook.

arath

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Almost every time I open the App store I get that it cannot connect. Once I hit the ok button it will open and I can use the App store just like normal and everything works. Major annoyance...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Noticing that on the iPad when in the messages app and select "edit" to delete threads one by one, it resets each time you delete a thread and makes you hit the edit button again.

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Sorry if this is redundant but Im getting a "cannot connect to itunes store" message whenever I try and set up passbook.

They don't explain this very well but the way you get Passbook to work is by going into an app that has added this functionality (Like Target or Walgreens) and going the the mobile coupons and say add to Passbook. Then when you open Passbook you will see your coupons, etc. To view details or delete the coupon, click on the little i icon and the coupon will flip over to show you this info. To find what apps have this functionality added see this link, it gets updated often:

iPad Apps, iPhone Apps, Mac Apps, Deals and Discovery at App Shopper - Search Results 1 to 20 of 33 for "passbook" in All Categories

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
That was the case in IOS5. You can't select individual songs to download anymore. You also can't delete music anymore. The only work around is to add the individual songs to a playlist and then download the playlist.

You're right about the downloading. I hadn't noticed that. But you can swipe to delete songs by turning off iTunes Match in Settings. Definitely a bad move (or bug) about the downloading, though. I'm not using cellular data to stream songs. That's ludicrous.

Reactions: Ryans80

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The App Store doesn't always open properly. It sometimes opens and works fine but other times it opens and the store sections along the bottom are in the wrong order (with updates in the middle rather than on the right) and it says "cannot connect to iTunes Store". I got a screenshot of this phenomenon:
View attachment 18992

Closing the AppStore (hold and click red x in multitasking bar) and reopening always fixes it but it happens often enough to be annoying.

Edit: found another App Store bug. The reviews section of apps only displays 5 reviews with seemingly no way to show more. I try to click "more reviews..." and it does nothing.

Last edited:

onthezone

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The App Store doesn't always open properly. It sometimes opens and works fine but other times it opens and the store sections along the bottom are in the wrong order (with updates in the middle rather than on the right) and it says "cannot connect to iTunes Store". I got a screenshot of this phenomenon:
View attachment 18992

Closing the AppStore (hold and click red x in multitasking bar) and reopening always fixes it but it happens often enough to be annoying.

Edit: found another App Store bug. The reviews section of apps only displays 5 reviews with seemingly no way to show more. I try to click "more reviews..." and it does nothing.

Fix for App Store and Passbook "Can't Connect to iTunes Store" Error - Mac Rumors

That fixed me passport.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Workaround.....oy....sort of spoils it dont you think. I hope they are going to fix this.....AND the fact that I can't seem to find any way to delete local music.....

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the music companies making em do it. They've always been afraid of making music too easy to download.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I found a fix for the passbook error. Go into settings > general > date and time. Turn off "set automatically". Change the date to a year ahead. Open passbook and click App Store. It may work, it may not but either way, return to settings and turn "set automatically" back on. Now it should definitely work properly. Hopefully this fixes all of the App Store issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73