iOS 6 bugs and feedback

carlos31820

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
To say I disliked my iphone4 before the ios6 update is an understatement. The battery life, the constant crashing and the crappy signal quite simply frustrated me constantly. The iOS6 update has somehow (I never thought possible) frustrated me even more. Since updating my phone has just been bug,bug,bug,bug.
Problem 1 - Performance. Everything is just laggy. Switching from one app to another, getting my email, making a phone call just takes longer to do. Pressing the answer buton when receioving phonecall has so far not worked first time in the 4 calls I have received on it since upgrading. When it does answer it is taking 15-20 seconds to connect. Its driving me nuts
Problem 2 - Crashes, I have so far had the following crashes, trying to listen to a voicemail, making a phonecall, receiving a phonecall, Connecting to facebook. unlocking my phone to do something on it.
Problem 3 - Whilst on the phone the volume is very very low (I have turned it up full). One other bug which has only happened once is when I accidentally hit speaker with my cheek, I turned speaker off but the sound continued to come out of the speaker. I had to press it on and off 4-5 times before it functioned normally.
Problem 4 - When I set my alarm to go off, I couldnt actually turn the noise off. Sliding the bar didnt work and neither did the snooze button. I had to physically (consider throwing the phone off the wall) press both buttons to turn the phone off.

So all in all in the few hours I have had this update its been one bit of dissatisfaction after another. I havent tried 80% of the functions yet either.

I don't mean to downplay your very real frustration but is it possible that you just have a hardware problem?

I haven't seen other posts from iphone 4 users having such widespread problems as you are having. I have a couple friends at work with iPhone 4 (not 4S) and they are pretty happy with iOS 6 update.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Don't like that even though I have Facebook events and birthdays unchecked in calendar settings that those events still show in notification center :-(

kunalshah9

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
bugs of IOS 6 with IPhone 4S

hello,
i use iPhone 4s in India and i have lots of bugs and suggestions,
1.Battery backup is too low than 5.1.1 , like almost 6hours 15.min overall usage ( WiFi,games,apps,networking,calls,messages all used within this time)
2.temperature of phone increases as playing high end games like MY HORSE application.
3. app store issue, sometimes it just says cannot connect to network, sometimes it doesn't search
4.when u are in a external market app like appsfire application and try to download the desired app from there, it brings us to apple app store but leaves us on featured page..
5.Maps are the most poor application ... In India it doesn't even navigate from the capital city to nearby places nor from capital city to metro city!!! google maps should be brought , i am willing to pay for that app also.
6.when opening a app if u get a call , iphone hangs up and u can only get back by pressing the home and power key.
7.the weather app which is present in notification bar cannot search my location,also if i choose some other location like my nearby city and add it,it shows only the local weather which is not available.You cant see the weather of added cities,while in 5.1.1 we could delete the local weather.

Last edited:

NegroNapoleon

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
After upgrading to iOS 6 on my 4S i'm seeing that after I read an email or delete it the mail app itself, it was SUPPOSED to remove it from notification center.

Now even after i've deleted messages without reading them from the mail app, they are STILL in notification center and I have to clear them.

If I open them, then they go away.

But I don't need to open all emails right?

Then, when I click the email from notification center that is no longer in the mail app, it just leads me to the start screen in Mail that shows my inboxes and accounts.

It doesn't do anything...NOR does it remove it even them...but it can't since its deleted. Why is this happening? Is anyone else having the same problem?

bigbuzzs

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
iOS6 on 4S Issue

put iOS6 on 4S and it put "Passbook" on front home screen... all seemed fine until I tried to move Passbook to another screen -- the screen went black, briefly showed Apple logo then came back on very dark... couldn't change through brightness settings. Restarted iPhone and screen was OK until I tried to move Passbook again. Seen by others?

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
put iOS6 on 4S and it put "Passbook" on front home screen... all seemed fine until I tried to move Passbook to another screen -- the screen went black, briefly showed Apple logo then came back on very dark... couldn't change through brightness settings. Restarted iPhone and screen was OK until I tried to move Passbook again. Seen by others?

There's already a thread about this, look for "Crashes". It's been reported to Apple.

Reactions: bigbuzzs

Chapi-Gringo

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I was just wondering if anyone else has tried using the turn-by-turn nav. portion of maps; I can not figure out how to get it to "speak" to me. I've tried changing the language (as I've been using the Spanish/Spain to test it), the volume is set to loud, and I am sure that the mute button on the side of the phone is not set (not sure is this will affect this feature). Would anyone be able to help solve this issue? Or, do you think this is a "bug"?

ruscolinni

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I have my Gmail account set up through exchange. I can't flag an email though. I can flag my work email or my yahoo, but not my gmail through exchange. It only gives me the option to Mark Unread. Anyone else have this issue?

I have the same issue. But what's weird is that my work email is the same exchange account as the gmail ones and that works fine... So I'm thinking its a gmail issue

khobia2

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Now having what appears to be issues with Wi-Fi. Keeps going back and forth between wi-fi and 4g (AT&T) on my 4s. Loading speeds of apps taking longer. A couple of apps crashing.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this has been covered before, but after upgrading to iOS6, the battery life on my 4s is horrible. I have disabled all location services and push notifications.

I have also restored the phone...anyone having issues with poor battery
Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

clombardo8

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
dont know if this is an iOS 6 update problem but my sister in law and i both experienced this...

i tried saving a picture from my Pinterest app and it gives me the option to save to the camera roll but then when i go to the camera roll, the picture is not there. i did this a couple of times with different pictures but still nothing.

I noticed this with a couple other apps as well. when i first connected to the pinterest app it prompted me to allow pinterest to access my photos and i said no.. not sure if this has anything to do with it.

please help if you can!

Tone.english

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing slow performance in App Store. I'm also seeing some screen flicker, not all the time but when the keyboard is up, it may be the app I was in though. These all have been with my iPad 3. My 4S is experiencing the slow performance within the App Store but that is about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ruscolinni

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has been covered before, but after upgrading to iOS6, the battery life on my 4s is horrible. I have disabled all location services and push notifications.

I have also restored the phone...anyone having issues with poor battery
Thanks in advance for any help!

Mines not horrible but I have noticed a difference. Was able to go 18 hours or so before a full recharge... Now I noticed that after taking it off the charger, I went down to 80% after 90 min. I used maps for about 10 and a coupl of texts.... Nothing that merits a 20% loss.... :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR