put iOS6 on 4S and it put "Passbook" on front home screen... all seemed fine until I tried to move Passbook to another screen -- the screen went black, briefly showed Apple logo then came back on very dark... couldn't change through brightness settings. Restarted iPhone and screen was OK until I tried to move Passbook again. Seen by others?
    09-21-2012 11:38 AM
    put iOS6 on 4S and it put "Passbook" on front home screen... all seemed fine until I tried to move Passbook to another screen -- the screen went black, briefly showed Apple logo then came back on very dark... couldn't change through brightness settings. Restarted iPhone and screen was OK until I tried to move Passbook again. Seen by others?
    There's already a thread about this, look for "Crashes". It's been reported to Apple.
    bigbuzzs likes this.
    09-21-2012 12:24 PM
    boy am i glad i didn't update to iOS 6
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-21-2012 12:32 PM
    I upgraded on my 4S. No problems so far...
    09-21-2012 12:35 PM
    I moved Passbook to my fourth screen with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    09-21-2012 12:51 PM
    I have upgraded to iOS 6 but the panaroma feature cannot be found in my camera mode! There is simply no option to select panaroma mode.. anyone experiencing a similar problem??
    Press the options button within the camera app, and you'll find it there.
    09-21-2012 02:09 PM
    Hello! I was just wondering if anyone else has tried using the turn-by-turn nav. portion of maps; I can not figure out how to get it to "speak" to me. I've tried changing the language (as I've been using the Spanish/Spain to test it), the volume is set to loud, and I am sure that the mute button on the side of the phone is not set (not sure is this will affect this feature). Would anyone be able to help solve this issue? Or, do you think this is a "bug"?
    09-21-2012 02:16 PM
    I have my Gmail account set up through exchange. I can't flag an email though. I can flag my work email or my yahoo, but not my gmail through exchange. It only gives me the option to Mark Unread. Anyone else have this issue?
    I have the same issue. But what's weird is that my work email is the same exchange account as the gmail ones and that works fine... So I'm thinking its a gmail issue
    09-21-2012 02:27 PM
    Now having what appears to be issues with Wi-Fi. Keeps going back and forth between wi-fi and 4g (AT&T) on my 4s. Loading speeds of apps taking longer. A couple of apps crashing.
    09-21-2012 05:35 PM
    Sorry if this has been covered before, but after upgrading to iOS6, the battery life on my 4s is horrible. I have disabled all location services and push notifications.

I have also restored the phone...anyone having issues with poor battery
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by Frehley; 09-21-2012 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Poor typing
    09-21-2012 05:54 PM
    dont know if this is an iOS 6 update problem but my sister in law and i both experienced this...

i tried saving a picture from my Pinterest app and it gives me the option to save to the camera roll but then when i go to the camera roll, the picture is not there. i did this a couple of times with different pictures but still nothing.

I noticed this with a couple other apps as well. when i first connected to the pinterest app it prompted me to allow pinterest to access my photos and i said no.. not sure if this has anything to do with it.

please help if you can!
    09-21-2012 06:21 PM
    I'm experiencing slow performance in App Store. I'm also seeing some screen flicker, not all the time but when the keyboard is up, it may be the app I was in though. These all have been with my iPad 3. My 4S is experiencing the slow performance within the App Store but that is about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-21-2012 06:29 PM
    Anyone having problems with yahoo mail.... I keeps say cannot connect to server
    09-21-2012 06:31 PM
    Having problems with the WiFi also going from WiFi to cell signal
    09-21-2012 07:35 PM
    Sorry if this has been covered before, but after upgrading to iOS6, the battery life on my 4s is horrible. I have disabled all location services and push notifications.

I have also restored the phone...anyone having issues with poor battery
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    Mines not horrible but I have noticed a difference. Was able to go 18 hours or so before a full recharge... Now I noticed that after taking it off the charger, I went down to 80% after 90 min. I used maps for about 10 and a coupl of texts.... Nothing that merits a 20% loss....
    09-21-2012 08:02 PM
    ios 6 bug?

Contrary to most who upgraded to ios 6, WIFI loss has not been a problem. However, I have lost my Cellular Data on my iPad. A message keeps popping up saying that there is no data remaining in my current plan and would I like to add now? The Cellular Data link connects me to my plan and confirms that I have enough data in my plan. I've tried everything I can think of and still cannot use my Cellular Data! I'm looking for someone else who shares this problem or who has a solution.
    09-21-2012 09:21 PM
    I notice about five times my screen won't go to sleep now
    Same here taglioni.
    Bug

Good Luck
    09-21-2012 10:11 PM
    i had a horrible time upgrading my jailbroken 4s and lost everything except a bunch of settings. All media. And i've got the typical complaints about maps being weak, navigation not being better then my garmin or waz, and passport being useless...But

As for bugs i've had none. Battery life is the same, it charges with the same chargers, wifi connected as soon as i restored from backup without having to enter passcodes again, no lag (i got lag when it was jailbroken). So i don't think ios 6 is groundbreaking, but i've had no problems and i'm pretty satisfied with the end product, and again i had an error and crash during my update and had to basically restore it from backup. total that clusterf___k took 2.5 hours to finish. But amazingly everything seems to work fine at that moment. Anyways that's my experience. ios 6 is ok for me so far.
    09-21-2012 11:30 PM
    Not sure if its a bug but I've noticed that the position of the update button inside the app store isn't always in the same spot each time I go open the app. Sometimes its all the way to the right while other times its in the middle.

Anyone else noticed that?
    09-21-2012 11:41 PM
    Reminders after the update:
    Still can't sort
    Still can assign "all day" to due date
    Priority is still useless.
    Now 4-5 lines of notes appear which means that I can only display 3 Reminders per screen on my iPhone 4S

I guess no one at Apple uses Reminders.

Good Luck
    Re "Still can't sort":
    Wrong. You can sort.
    You can manually reorder reminders by clicking the Edit button then dragging the reminders.

Re "Still can assign 'all day' to due date":
    Can't assign specific blocks of time either. So what? They are reminders. A start time is usually sufficient. If not, you can attach an always visible note. Let's say you are going to a convention that goes all day starting at 8 am. Make a reminder for 8 am. You will get there. If you want more details, eg length of conference, attach a note ("goes all day") which now conveniently stays visible at all times. Looks kind of like this:
    -Comic convention
    -2012-24 08:00
    -Lasts all day. Get Spider-Man vs Hulk!
    Or
    -Laser surgery
    -2012-23 10:00
    -Done in 5 minutes. Bring left eyepatch.
    Of course, you could also just make the Reminder itself say , "all day".
    -Comic convention all day.

Re "Priority is still useless":
    Really? Works fine for me. Can assign none/low (single red !)/medium (!!)/high(!!!). They stick out like a sore thumb. I can see how some would like to auto sort by priority. Where utility ends and creeping featuritis begins is a decision that designers have to wrestle with all the time. Apple isn't generally known for the longest tick lists. Compare Apple Pages to MS Word. I'm pleased with the Reminders 'ease of use / feature' balance. I haven't looked much, but there are probably several reminder apps available that go kitchen sink if that's your thing.

Re "Now 4-5 lines of notes appear which means that I can only display 3 Reminders per screen on my iPhone 4S":
    If the notes are important enough to write, they are important enough to display. The note font is very small to keep vertical Reminder space minimal. A very nice design choice between information per reminder and number of reminders shown in my opinion. Four lines of notes (the max initially visible) on an iPhone 4S displays about 160 characters. My Reminder notes, when I add them at all (usually the Reminder itself is sufficient), generally fit on one line (40 chars), which takes up very little vertical space indeed. Both example notes above fit on one line on an iPhone 4S

Re": I guess no one at Apple uses Reminders
    I guess you're wrong. The iOS 6 decision to always display notes added in Reminders is evidence that it is being used and thoughtfully modified by Apple designers.
    09-22-2012 01:03 AM
    Ive only been an iPhone user since may, Eagerly looked forward to the update, but since updating my battery life has gone down the toilet, but Ill be turning off push and locations to see if that helps, and my Do Not Disturb Does Not Do anything. Its my impression that when on the phone should not ring and/or vibrate when a call or text come in but on my iPhone4s its allowing everything to come thru. Ive changed setting (favorites/no one) ive tried scheduled vs manual and restarted the phone. Am I the only one with this issue? The only one misunderstanding what its supposed to do?

(yes)

Just read thru the DnD thread, learned I was testing it without locking the phone. #HappierNow
    Last edited by MrJoey; 09-22-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    09-22-2012 09:43 AM
    Odd wifi problem. Since iOS6 update, wifi works perfectly except with some apps (TapTalk for example). The app will load, but it won't be able to do anything like load threads. If I switch to 3G, it works. If I view the forum in Safari, it works. But in order to use the app with wifi I have to reboot the iPhone. I've rebooted more times this week than in the entire time I've had my iPhone 4S. This happens with iTunes and App Store too.

Update: I think I've solved my problem. I did the network reset, no luck. Then I pulled my router, but the iPhone still showed WiFi connected. So did my wife's. Then I remembered I have a WiFi extender. It has never been a problem before, but as soon as I unplugged it (I didn't really need it in the first place), everything worked fine on all iPhones and iPods.
    Last edited by jkeitz; 09-22-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    09-22-2012 11:10 AM
    Re "Still can't sort":
    Wrong. You can sort.
    You can manually reorder reminders by clicking the Edit button then dragging the reminders.

Re "Still can assign 'all day' to due date":
    Can't assign specific blocks of time either. So what? They are reminders. A start time is usually sufficient. If not, you can attach an always visible note. Let's say you are going to a convention that goes all day starting at 8 am. Make a reminder for 8 am. You will get there. If you want more details, eg length of conference, attach a note ("goes all day") which now conveniently stays visible at all times. Looks kind of like this:
    -Comic convention
    -Lasts all day. Get Spider-Man vs Hulk!
    Or
    -Laser surgery
    -2012-23 10:00
    -Done in 5 minutes. Bring left eyepatch.
    Of course, you could also just make the Reminder itself say , "all day".
    -Comic convention all day.

Re "Priority is still useless":
    Really? Works fine for me. Can assign none/low (single red !)/medium (!!)/high(!!!). They stick out like a sore thumb. I can see how some would like to auto sort by priority. Where utility ends and creeping featuritis begins is a decision that designers have to wrestle with all the time. Apple isn't generally known for the longest tick lists. Compare Apple Pages to MS Word. I'm pleased with the Reminders 'ease of use / feature' balance. I haven't looked much, but there are probably several reminder apps available that go kitchen sink if that's your thing.

Re "Now 4-5 lines of notes appear which means that I can only display 3 Reminders per screen on my iPhone 4S":
    If the notes are important enough to write, they are important enough to display. The note font is very small to keep vertical Reminder space minimal. A very nice design choice between information per reminder and number of reminders shown in my opinion. Four lines of notes (the max initially visible) on an iPhone 4S displays about 160 characters. My Reminder notes, when I add them at all (usually the Reminder itself is sufficient), generally fit on one line (40 chars), which takes up very little vertical space indeed. Both example notes above fit on one line on an iPhone 4S

Re": I guess no one at Apple uses Reminders
    I guess you're wrong. The iOS 6 decision to always display notes added in Reminders is evidence that it is being used and thoughtfully modified by Apple designers.
    Sorting can not be done in Day View - only in list view and then when you switch to day view the sorting is screwed up.

Priorities- I would think that my highest priority would be at the top of my list and not possibly at the bottom of my list with 4 red symbols.

All Day Due Dates. I don't need to be reminded at 9 am that about an all day reminder. If so, I would set it for 9 am. The all day due date was available through iCloud.com then you would have to go to your device and set it there. Too much work but at least it was available. Not now.

Reminders Notes - before we were able to choose whether to display notes or not. Now we don't have that choice.

Regardless of these disadvantages (IMO) I will continue to use Reminders primarily because of the syncing of devices.

So Scott,, I guess we will respectfully agreed to disagree.
    09-22-2012 11:47 AM
    Can't seem to move icons around since iOS6. As soon as you do, then hit the home button to set them, the phone reboots for a second and the screen goes dim. When you get back into the phone the icons are right back where they were originally. Not sure why I continue to update the OS on these things on the first day they come out. :-)
    Were you trying to move icons more than two or three screens/pages at a time? There's a discussion about this over at Apple's forums, and most people seem to be able to get around this reboot issue by moving icons only one to four pages at a time (depending on the individual case), saving the temporary positions with the home button, and then moving them further and saving again.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/19631320#19631320

Another, perhaps better, way to get around this is to organize icons using the Apps tab in iTunes with the phone connected.

Edit: Can someone here tell me why my link is appearing in plain text with the BB code stuck at each end?
    Last edited by uncleotto; 09-23-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    09-22-2012 12:50 PM
    biggest bug in ios 6 IMO is maps. This is a funny spoof of it. "we will just need more 30 pin adapters!"

09-22-2012 11:08 PM
254 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD