Bummer! I hadn't read about the removal of the native YouTube app.

So when you reset your iPhone and iPad as new, did you have to start over and add your bookmarks and they synced after that? Or did the old bookmarks just "show up" on both devices? My old bookmarks are still on my iPad - hoping that they will eventually "appear" on my iPhone since the "open iPad apps" seem to work.

I updated OTA on both devices.
    I am not sure if someone else has already mentioned this to you as I didn't read through all ten pages, but, Google released a stand alone YouTube app in the app store. In my opinion is is much better than the native one that apple offered. Its free so give it a try.
    09-20-2012 07:56 PM
    I am not sure if someone else has already mentioned this to you as I didn't read through all ten pages, but, Google released a stand alone YouTube app in the app store. In my opinion is is much better than the native one that apple offered. Its free so give it a try.
    Thanks! Yes, after I noticed it was missing, I went to to the App Store hoping one would be there and found the google one. Using that one now and it's fine but I did like the native one.
    09-20-2012 08:37 PM
    Thanks! Yes, after I noticed it was missing, I went to to the App Store hoping one would be there and found the google one. Using that one now and it's fine but I did like the native one.
    I just prefer the mobile website. It at least let's me choose HQ while on cellular data.
    09-20-2012 08:41 PM
    I just prefer the mobile website. It at least let's me choose HQ while on cellular data.
    Yep.............
    09-20-2012 09:13 PM
    Reminders after the update:
    Still can't sort
    Still can assign "all day" to due date
    Priority is still useless.
    Now 4-5 lines of notes appear which means that I can only display 3 Reminders per screen on my iPhone 4S

I guess no one at Apple uses Reminders.

Good Luck
    09-20-2012 09:46 PM
    Steve Jobs insight is sorely missed. The worst IOS update ever. They took a step back in my opinion.
    Premium1 and 9thWonder like this.
    09-20-2012 09:48 PM
    I have upgraded to iOS 6 but the panaroma feature cannot be found in my camera mode! There is simply no option to select panaroma mode.. anyone experiencing a similar problem??
    09-20-2012 10:26 PM
    Any one cover Siri missing from iPhone 4S
    09-20-2012 10:31 PM
    I have upgraded to iOS 6 but the panaroma feature cannot be found in my camera mode! There is simply no option to select panaroma mode.. anyone experiencing a similar problem??
    Unless you have a 4S or 5....forget it.
    09-20-2012 10:36 PM
    Because it's not an iOS6 feature on the iPhone4.
    I am facing the same problem too!! Thought this feature for iOS6 was supposed to work for iPhone 4 too!! What a disappointment. ...
    09-21-2012 12:08 AM
    Unless you have a 4S or 5....forget it.
    What crap!! Partial features only for certain phones!!! Gosh!
    09-21-2012 12:09 AM
    What crap!! Partial features only for certain phones!!! Gosh!
    Hey. Why don't we all just relax here, huh?
    09-21-2012 12:14 AM
    maps 3d is choppy, cartoonish...horrible job. they need to iron it out
    Ha-ha, if they iron it out, that would send it back to 2D. Ngyah-Ngyah!!
    kermitmama likes this.
    09-21-2012 03:31 AM
    I notice about five times my screen won't go to sleep now
    09-21-2012 05:04 AM
    hey since updating whenever i call someone the screen doesnt go black like it used to so when holding it next to my head buttons are still able to be pressed which happens alot and is rather annoying anyone else with this problem???
    09-21-2012 05:08 AM
    hey since updating whenever i call someone the screen doesnt go black like it used to so when holding it next to my head buttons are still able to be pressed which happens alot and is rather annoying anyone else with this problem???
    That's the proximity sensor, and it's been a problem before, which was supposedly fixed. If you search for "proximity sensor" you might find some tips, or take it to the Apple Store.
    09-21-2012 05:31 AM
    Steve Jobs insight is sorely missed. The worst IOS update ever. They took a step back in my opinion.
    i'll be honest i've felt like this since he passed. There are just lots of goings on and product aspects that strike me as not to a standard that he'd have held. That he'd have said, "such and such a thing isn't good enough no go back and fix it cause it wont' get released like that." But now i get the notion there's no such quality control at that level. and lots of things strike me as needlessly confusing in a way jobs didn't like. can't be positive obviously but take the podcast app. Seems so shoddy, confusing, you have to skip all over, it's not streamlined and minimalistic, and so short of features. struck me as something jobs wouldn't have stood for. And passport launch seems like something other companies would do. Launch without many supporting apps for it. People will deny but i believer there are some differences between this and the Jobs led Apple. It won't mean they fail but i think it will mean less wow and a lot of unsatisfied customers at times.
    Ryans80 and icebox93 like this.
    09-21-2012 05:39 AM
    To say I disliked my iphone4 before the ios6 update is an understatement. The battery life, the constant crashing and the crappy signal quite simply frustrated me constantly. The iOS6 update has somehow (I never thought possible) frustrated me even more. Since updating my phone has just been bug,bug,bug,bug.
    Problem 1 - Performance. Everything is just laggy. Switching from one app to another, getting my email, making a phone call just takes longer to do. Pressing the answer buton when receioving phonecall has so far not worked first time in the 4 calls I have received on it since upgrading. When it does answer it is taking 15-20 seconds to connect. Its driving me nuts
    Problem 2 - Crashes, I have so far had the following crashes, trying to listen to a voicemail, making a phonecall, receiving a phonecall, Connecting to facebook. unlocking my phone to do something on it.
    Problem 3 - Whilst on the phone the volume is very very low (I have turned it up full). One other bug which has only happened once is when I accidentally hit speaker with my cheek, I turned speaker off but the sound continued to come out of the speaker. I had to press it on and off 4-5 times before it functioned normally.
    Problem 4 - When I set my alarm to go off, I couldnt actually turn the noise off. Sliding the bar didnt work and neither did the snooze button. I had to physically (consider throwing the phone off the wall) press both buttons to turn the phone off.

So all in all in the few hours I have had this update its been one bit of dissatisfaction after another. I havent tried 80% of the functions yet either.
    09-21-2012 05:55 AM
    My Kensington Nightstand is no longer charging my phone since I updated. Anyone experiencing something similar with other docks ?
    09-21-2012 07:26 AM
    I am not able to access my purchased apps in the App Store. It crashes every time.
    09-21-2012 09:20 AM
    To say I disliked my iphone4 before the ios6 update is an understatement. The battery life, the constant crashing and the crappy signal quite simply frustrated me constantly. The iOS6 update has somehow (I never thought possible) frustrated me even more. Since updating my phone has just been bug,bug,bug,bug.
    Problem 1 - Performance. Everything is just laggy. Switching from one app to another, getting my email, making a phone call just takes longer to do. Pressing the answer buton when receioving phonecall has so far not worked first time in the 4 calls I have received on it since upgrading. When it does answer it is taking 15-20 seconds to connect. Its driving me nuts
    Problem 2 - Crashes, I have so far had the following crashes, trying to listen to a voicemail, making a phonecall, receiving a phonecall, Connecting to facebook. unlocking my phone to do something on it.
    Problem 3 - Whilst on the phone the volume is very very low (I have turned it up full). One other bug which has only happened once is when I accidentally hit speaker with my cheek, I turned speaker off but the sound continued to come out of the speaker. I had to press it on and off 4-5 times before it functioned normally.
    Problem 4 - When I set my alarm to go off, I couldnt actually turn the noise off. Sliding the bar didnt work and neither did the snooze button. I had to physically (consider throwing the phone off the wall) press both buttons to turn the phone off.

So all in all in the few hours I have had this update its been one bit of dissatisfaction after another. I havent tried 80% of the functions yet either.
    I don't mean to downplay your very real frustration but is it possible that you just have a hardware problem?

I haven't seen other posts from iphone 4 users having such widespread problems as you are having. I have a couple friends at work with iPhone 4 (not 4S) and they are pretty happy with iOS 6 update.
    09-21-2012 09:35 AM
    Don't like that even though I have Facebook events and birthdays unchecked in calendar settings that those events still show in notification center :-(
    09-21-2012 09:43 AM
    Alrighty then...ios 6.0.1 come on down

i guess i need to wait up the next update
    09-21-2012 09:49 AM
    hello,
    i use iPhone 4s in India and i have lots of bugs and suggestions,
    1.Battery backup is too low than 5.1.1 , like almost 6hours 15.min overall usage ( WiFi,games,apps,networking,calls,messages all used within this time)
    2.temperature of phone increases as playing high end games like MY HORSE application.
    3. app store issue, sometimes it just says cannot connect to network, sometimes it doesn't search
    4.when u are in a external market app like appsfire application and try to download the desired app from there, it brings us to apple app store but leaves us on featured page..
    5.Maps are the most poor application ... In India it doesn't even navigate from the capital city to nearby places nor from capital city to metro city!!! google maps should be brought , i am willing to pay for that app also.
    6.when opening a app if u get a call , iphone hangs up and u can only get back by pressing the home and power key.
    7.the weather app which is present in notification bar cannot search my location,also if i choose some other location like my nearby city and add it,it shows only the local weather which is not available.You cant see the weather of added cities,while in 5.1.1 we could delete the local weather.
    Last edited by kunalshah9; 09-21-2012 at 10:55 AM.
    09-21-2012 10:25 AM
    After upgrading to iOS 6 on my 4S i'm seeing that after I read an email or delete it the mail app itself, it was SUPPOSED to remove it from notification center.

Now even after i've deleted messages without reading them from the mail app, they are STILL in notification center and I have to clear them.

If I open them, then they go away.

But I don't need to open all emails right?

Then, when I click the email from notification center that is no longer in the mail app, it just leads me to the start screen in Mail that shows my inboxes and accounts.

It doesn't do anything...NOR does it remove it even them...but it can't since its deleted. Why is this happening? Is anyone else having the same problem?
    09-21-2012 11:04 AM
254 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD