So I'm on IOS 6 and I can't seem to figure out how to get cards and such into the passbook app. For example I have the starbucks app on my phone with my card on that but there is no way to get it into passbook.

Also, does anyone know of other apps/services/stores will have cards to put in passbook other than the ones shown in the keynote?
    09-19-2012 02:17 PM
    I'm not sure what's going on with Passbook. When I open it up, it gives me the info screen and has a button for the App Store at the bottom. But when I press that, it just tells me the App Store is not available.
    coreymcl likes this.
    09-19-2012 02:26 PM
    ...the App Store is not available.
    It's getting slammed by app updates... give it time.
    09-19-2012 02:30 PM
    Didn't even think about that. Just noticed it worked on its own but not from Passbook. But that makes sense. Thanks!
    09-19-2012 02:38 PM
    It looks like the apps themselves will need to update to work with Passbook and somehow share info with it.
    09-19-2012 02:40 PM
    how do i get existing store cards into the app, for example I use the key ring app for all of my loyalty cards, is there a way to load them into passbook?
    09-19-2012 03:07 PM
    so i open passbook, then hit app store and it takes me to app store and shows me about 5 apps that work with passbook. none of them i really care for. i'm waiting for the starbucks app to show up in there.

fyi, the apps it shows for me right now are:
    - cineplex mobile
    - live nation
    - lufthansa
    - sephora to go
    - ticketmaster
    09-19-2012 03:12 PM
    I'm assuming you won't need to download the app. You could pretty much buy stuff using the safari website and it will have an option for opening in passbook.

I'm flying out tomorrow and I got my checked in boarding pass from safari to passbook.
    09-19-2012 03:15 PM
    I'm assuming you won't need to download the app. You could pretty much buy stuff using the safari website and it will have an option for opening in passbook.

I'm flying out tomorrow and I got my checked in boarding pass from safari to passbook.
    What airlines? I'm flying this weekend on US Airways...
    09-19-2012 04:53 PM
    passsource.com allows you to add passes like BestBuy rewards zone, and US Airways ticket for the poster above. You can also creat custom passes.
    09-19-2012 06:21 PM
    so i open passbook, then hit app store and it takes me to app store and shows me about 5 apps that work with passbook. none of them i really care for. i'm waiting for the starbucks app to show up in there.

fyi, the apps it shows for me right now are:
    - cineplex mobile
    - live nation
    - lufthansa
    - sephora to go
    - ticketmaster
    I still have the cannot connect to iTunes even though its connected- How did you get it to show you those apps? Do you have them installed anyway?
    09-19-2012 06:39 PM
    here is what is available for me after tapping the App Store option within Passbook

Fandango
    Live Nation
    Lufthansa
    MLB.com At Bat
    MLB.com At the Ballpark
    Sephora to Go
    Target
    Tickemaster
    United Airlines
    Walgreens
    09-19-2012 06:44 PM
    here is what is available for me after tapping the App Store option within Passbook

Fandango
    Live Nation
    Lufthansa
    MLB.com At Bat
    MLB.com At the Ballpark
    Sephora to Go
    Target
    Tickemaster
    United Airlines
    Walgreens
    I am still getting cannot connect to iTunes grrrrrr
    09-19-2012 06:57 PM
    Go into settings and change turn off auto date and change to a year from now...open passbook click store....then go back and set back to auto. Fixed it for me.
    09-19-2012 06:59 PM
    How do you get back to the app store in the Passbook app after you've added a card (or two)?
    09-19-2012 07:01 PM
    I have the long list of apps, and I have been able to connect to the app store from within passbook.

I downloaded Fandango, but don't have any tix purchased right now. I do have the starbucks app updated, but my starbucks card is not showing up in passbook. How do I get it transferred over? The passsource website that was previously listed or ... ?

I always assumed these "apps" would be automatically listed and you just typed in your login and/or account information for each vendor and voila it would be there...
    09-19-2012 07:01 PM
    I still can't connect to App Store
    09-19-2012 08:07 PM
    Same here. Open passbook and when i click on the app store it opens and says "cant connect to itunes".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-19-2012 08:19 PM
    Is it just me or is the link gone if you add something?

This is really not as easy as it should be, kind of disappointed.
    Theatre Booth Guy likes this.
    09-19-2012 08:29 PM
    I had the same issues as everyone else. I had to download the target app, look at the coupons, scroll down to the bottom, and click the passbook button. This then put the coupon in my passbook. Kinda cool, but now I'm asking what else can I jam in my passbook?!
    09-19-2012 08:29 PM
    Target, Walgreens, ticketmaster and a couple others are the only ones that work now. The Starbucks app hasn't yet been updated for passbook support
    09-19-2012 08:55 PM
    It may just be my Starbucks addiction but I really want that app updated for passbook.
    09-19-2012 09:09 PM
    I mean really. This was one of their most hyped features for this update and it does nothing. Ah well...
    Theatre Booth Guy likes this.
    09-19-2012 09:14 PM
    I downloaded the sephora app, signed in, added the passbook info.. And it took a few min to update but when it did - when i now open the passbook, the sephora rewards card (with my updated points) is showing. Yayyy...

There is no longer the original screen or the app store button. So i guess that from now on i have to look for the passbook link within an app?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-19-2012 09:17 PM
    It may just be my Starbucks addiction but I really want that app updated for passbook.
    I feel your pain my friend 😈
    Iphonejackson likes this.
    09-19-2012 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD