Official counting down to iOS 6 forum party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
This is it. Today's the day. If history is any indicator, iOS 6 should land at roughly 10am PDT/1pm EDT today. I'm hauling ass to get our review ready, but if you're waiting like we are, why not wait with us?

What's your favorite new feature? Find any awesome hidden gems? Are you going to update over the air or install clean with iTunes? Anyone feeling left out because their device isn't getting something?

There's so much to discuss! We'll get the rest of the writers and staff in here, maybe give away some more stuff, and in general have some fun.

So, hang out and shout out. Who's ready for iOS 6?

GreenBerry84

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm ready! Not sure what time it'll show up here in the UK, I'm hoping to update OTA if possible otherwise I'll dust off the laptop and go through iTunes! Favourite new feature I'm not sure, I won't get everything as I've only got a 4, but I'm still looking forward to updating!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Hey Eklenken, for being first to join in, you get a $50 iTunes gift card. (Every party needs music, right?)

Enjoy! (Michelle will follow up with you within the week)

More fun stuff to come!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I've already made sure my iTunes is up to date, iPhone is backed up, etc. Now I'm just waiting.

I'm not sure of the feature I'd like to try the most. But, more importantly I seriously hope it doesn't make the iPhone 4S slow or laggy...

bwgreen

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Once the update comes out I'll be applying it OTA - I'll do the iTunes route only if I have to. There are a couple features that I am waiting for - the ability to have a specific mail account make a notification (I have 3 on my phone, but only one that I want notifications from) and auto-shutoff (or silence) and startup (kinda like what BB has).

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Love these threads you all post on here, makes the anticipation of waiting a bit less intense since my mind is occupied lol. Can we have one tomorrow night as well into Friday?! Please, please, please! ;)

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I almost always do a clean install with iTunes for a new OS. Otherwise I end up feeling like update cruft kludges up my battery life.

It's a huge hassle, but I do it.

bigsmoove

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
i also got about 7 updates this morning too to installed apps...timing a coincidence i wonder...cant wait for the iOS 6 party. the wife loves at my geekness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711