Official counting down to iOS 6 forum party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffeegrower

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I've been trying to update my 4S OTA for almost 24 hours, and have reieved the same popup (error downloading iOS 6) about 10 times. Not jailbroken, over 5G free space, have tried power cycling the phone between attempts, had no trouble updating my iPad 2. Any suggestions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I've been trying to update my 4S OTA for almost 24 hours, and have reieved the same popup (error downloading iOS 6) about 10 times. Not jailbroken, over 5G free space, have tried power cycling the phone between attempts, had no trouble updating my iPad 2. Any suggestions?

Connect your iPhone to a computer and then update via iTunes. It is fast, a backup will automatically be made and your device will be restored as it was prior to the update. There is no sense in you wasting any more time trying to update OTA at this point, in *my* opinion.

Coffeegrower

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Connect your iPhone to a computer and then update via iTunes. It is fast, a backup will automatically be made and your device will be restored as it was prior to the update. There is no sense in you wasting any more time trying to update OTA at this point, in *my* opinion.

*sigh* I thought I was done with the tethered updates a year ago! Thanks for the advice - I'll dust off my laptop and give it a try.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok, if I'm not going to update to 6 right now...not sure worth it for my iP4...how can I get rid of that nagging red notification staring at me from Settings??!!!!

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Concur, I took me less than 35 minutes using iTunes yesterday at 2PM Eastern time (iPhone 4s). No problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal