Official counting down to iOS 6 forum party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Here is my experience:

It is 11:00PST, I'm doing an OTA on an iPhone 4. I started downloading at ~10:15PST and it just started installing, I have the verifying update dialog. I am so excited. Here is the first reboot... Now the Apple logo with status bar, it moving fairly quickly...Well maybe not that quickly it seems to be stopped a the beginning of the bar...Just saw it move a hair, the progress is about the size of two charger cords, not very far...come on, I am waiting...10 minutes later and it's ALMOST half way...I can hardly breathe I'm so anxious. 11:26 and still waiting....it just over half way. getting closer, maybe 1/4 left to go...11:37 and I can only see a sliver left to go. Now I just see the Apple logo....And the progress bar came back, this time it is moving faster than the first time. Only took to 11:44 and now back to the Apple logo. Screen went blank and then the logo came back, it's 11:47. How many times is it going to do that? Maybe I shouldn't of, but I just forced a reboot, it's 11:54. 11:57 and just got the iOS 6 screen. 11:59 and I am ready to use my phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3moore

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Whoohoo! I'm upgraded! I managed to get it done from a hotel room on their guest wireless. Had my doubts it was going to complete, but it did just fine! :)

kermitmama

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it me or is battery better?! By now, on 5.1, I'd have lost about 5% in just a few minutes of use.

I think it might be better!! I am playing with new features and reassuring my mom that she can download iOS 6 thru txt and I feel like I haven't lost nearly the battery I normally would!

mark1965

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The satellite map is really old in my area ( SE Las Vegas). A super Wal-Mart is missing.

Edit: Oh, nevermind I found it. I got lost. :/

I was going to say that this looks like the same satellite images as on Bing. A church that was just built a year ago is on Bing but not Google.

injun23

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I think it might be better!! I am playing with new features and reassuring my mom that she can download iOS 6 thru txt and I feel like I haven't lost nearly the battery I normally would!

excellent cant wait. From what the folk at the Apple store here in NOVA they told me that the white one tend to run hotter and battery life is lower than the black ones.

sibebabe

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
This is crappy. My ip4 was rebooting and my husband brings me his to upgrade because I have wifi at work. So im going through 2nd upgrade and haven't even got to play with it yet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods