Official counting down to iOS 6 forum party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckytrc

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Waiting ...patiently! I read some where about not having to put password in to download free apps ? Is this true? Because that's really annoying for me. Ready for 6!!

mashono

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
I'm waiting up in Marquette, MI. I'm extremely excited for turn-by-turn and the whole new maps interface! They finally updated Maps and I couldn't be happier! Most likely going to be updating via iTunes because I'm on a campus network though. Either way my 4S wants some new goodies!

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
should i do it over wifi or is over 3g ok? also do I need to worry about backing all my photos up to my mac before i do it?

It never hurts to have a backup regardless anyway. You can do it either or but if it's over 50MB then you'll have to do wifi anyway

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I really hope Apple has absolutely bought out Akamai and every other CDN on the plant for today. Sounds like we're going to be hitting the servers like they owe us money... :-/

lionhandler

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Ios 6

I will be updating via Itunes. I will be at work but have my laptop with me just so I can get the update. I have been waiting all summer for this. lol

eklenken

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey Eklenken, for being first to join in, you get a $50 iTunes gift card. (Every party needs music, right?)

Enjoy! (Michelle will follow up with you within the week)

More fun stuff to come!

NICE! I wasn't planning on that. Thanks.

Keep up the awesome work. This is always the #1 website I recommend to people that have questions.

Also the podcast are awesome.

dieseldude

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait!!. I'm more excited about ios6 than the iPhone 5. I like the 4s so I think I'm going to wait to upgrade.

Tapatalk iPhone 4s

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I'll be installing OTA. I've been checking every 30 minutes hoping this year is different and it comes early!! I made sure I did a backup last night and can't wait to get some of the features. I am really looking forward to the change in them mail box and being able to set favorites!!

injun23

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I waiting here in NOVA for my first iOS update, just recently a month ago to be exact hung up my android and went with the iPhone 4s tried to hold out for the 5 but my old phone wouldnt have it. So I waiting for 1300 :)
Cant choose just one think so going to have to say the whole update, everything looks great.

regards,
Joe

Jay_B_II

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Glad I finally have a time frame to wait for. I'm pretty new to iOS so I was not aware of the usual times for releases, I've been checking since midnight, lol. You guys should have told us this last night so I wouldn't feel like a fool now.

Status
Not open for further replies.