Official counting down to iOS 6 forum party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebulun12

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm brand new to the iPhone. I am a former Blackberry user and just purchased my iPhone 4s 2 months ago. Excited about the iOS 6 ugrade today and a little nervous at the same time. I will upgrading via iTunes.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Waiting patiently. Unfortunately I will be in a meeting at about the time the update comes out.

Just rescheduled a meeting from that time to 4 PM Eastern....

Honestly not because of this, but maybe subliminally...

Figure I'll give my iPhone 4 two days (hopefully less than 48 hours) of iOS 6 love. I'll do my wife's 4S and my new iPad tonight when I get home.

tkurtz

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm reading these posts and enjoying it! I just thought of something as I have never updated using iTunes before. Does it do a clean fresh install? If so, how the heck do I get all my stuff back on there?!? I'm sure it isn't difficult, but now I'm starting to worry a bit.

kritter217

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I am more excited about this update than any prior update. This time last year I was eagerly awaiting delivery of my sparkling new iPhone 4S but I don't feel the slightest left out of the iphone 5 party because ios6 is going to be so exciting! The only down side is that my poor iPad 1 is left out of the fun.

E-POTS

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
My plan is to wait a day or 2 before I upgrade, by then there should be enough reviews and complaints...

but if i know me, i might not be about to handle it and upgrade tonite lol

graze81

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I can't wait to play around with Siri on my iPad3. Maybe when I see this update on my iPad it will convince me to get an iPhone 5. I'll be installing the update when I get home. Like Tom Petty said, waiting is the hardest part.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So if I install OTA, I will in fact lose all of my stuff? I've still got a settings badge slapping me in the face for a 5.1 update, never did it cause I didn't want to jailbreak again. But since my iP5 comes in Friday I'm just going to do the update since my dad will get my 4. But will I have my pictures, contacts, etc saved even if I do it OTA?

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So if I install OTA, I will in fact lose all of my stuff? I've still got a settings badge slapping me in the face for a 5.1 update, never did it cause I didn't want to jailbreak again. But since my iP5 comes in Friday I'm just going to do the update since my dad will get my 4. But will I have my pictures, contacts, etc saved even if I do it OTA?

As of losing your stuff no it will be there. It's just updating the OS. It would not affect your stored stuff.

Reactions: Gigi100557

ppiper1974

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
i cant wait to try the Turn By Turn directions. i am a Tech that has to drive from Job to Job and use the Maps App on my 4s. but it is hard to use because it does not show turns it just follows the rout you need to take. So i spend a lot of time driving looking at the phone. the new maps I cant wait to try!!!!!!:):):):):cool:

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm here... just a waiting. I think being on the East Coast is harder when waiting for these updates.. On the West Coast, you guys wake up, have some coffee, eat a bagel and *poof* its 10am... for us, we have to go through half our day before grabbing the update after lunch break! :)

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
As of losing your stuff no it will be there. It's just updating the OS. It would not affect your stored stuff.

What about if I'm updating from jailbreak 5.0.1? I've got a lot of music that I downloaded through iTransmission and haven't synced it to iTunes yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods