This is it. Today's the day. If history is any indicator, iOS 6 should land at roughly 10am PDT/1pm EDT today. I'm hauling *** to get our review ready, but if you're waiting like we are, why not wait with us?

What's your favorite new feature? Find any awesome hidden gems? Are you going to update over the air or install clean with iTunes? Anyone feeling left out because their device isn't getting something?

There's so much to discuss! We'll get the rest of the writers and staff in here, maybe give away some more stuff, and in general have some fun.

So, hang out and shout out. Who's ready for iOS 6?
    Multiple Signatures for different email accounts in iOS 6. Huge addition IMO.
    09-19-2012 11:26 AM
    I can't wait for my wife's 4s to get the update so I can play around with it tonight while I wait for my 5 to arrive!
    09-19-2012 11:27 AM
    Will it be available for the iPad 1?
    I think it Stinks that iPad 1st gen which is only 2 years old is getting left out!!!!
    How do i participate to get the $50 iTunes gift card?? anyone??
    What are you doing with your 4? Can help out the next person and play around today with iOS 6
    Well, I think I'm selling it to a friend. But I'm gonna wipe it back to factory first, so I might play with it anyway... depends on how much time I have.
    Is it me? The time seems like it is dragging.....Come on!!!!!!!
    Tick tock, tick tock
    Any iPhone photographers in here? Are you excited about the new camera features in iOS 6? I can't wait to give them a run through.

/Mike Biel in Columbia, SC
    iMike44 likes this.
    This is it. Today's the day. If history is any indicator, iOS 6 should land at roughly 10am PDT/1pm EDT today. I'm hauling *** to get our review ready, but if you're waiting like we are, why not wait with us?

What's your favorite new feature? Find any awesome hidden gems? Are you going to update over the air or install clean with iTunes? Anyone feeling left out because their device isn't getting something?

There's so much to discuss! We'll get the rest of the writers and staff in here, maybe give away some more stuff, and in general have some fun.

So, hang out and shout out. Who's ready for iOS 6?
    I will be in the process of trading up an iPhone 4 for a 4s. I am on an iCloud and a prayer today so I hope everything goes well.... By the way, I would like to reward myself with downloading that Prometheus movie so winning a gift card today would be awesome!!!
    09-19-2012 11:28 AM
    Patiently waiting in Florida.
    My iPhone 4s, the wife's iPhone 4, my sons iPhone 4, the family iPod and my second sons iPod touch are waiting for 7pm South African time!!
    For some reason I can't reply to posts, but thanks to all that replied! I am so excited now! Hoping to get my very first iPhone on my updgrade date of Oct. 26th! Anyone know how to get a month early upgrade with Verizon, lemme know! Can't wait to have all my stuff on one operating system!
    Waiting to put iOS 6 my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. I will get Siri on the iPad 2 correct?
    I don't think the iPad 2 gets Siri only the iPad 3. I am a little bummed about this, but oh well. I still love my iPad 2.
    This will be my first update to my first iOS device. Any recommendations -iTunes or OTA?
    Waiting... Well im guessing the panorama will come to the 4S and im kinda looking forward to it and probabaly some of the slight UI changes n some more stuff i bet.
    Is there a how-to post of freshly installing via iTunes? I'm at work and can't search to well. If not, there should probably be one (hint hint editors)

Thanks!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk on my iPhone 4S
    And to answer my own question, here is the link! Search is your friend! *smh*

http://m.imore.com/how-to-setup-back...-clean-install

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk on my iPhone 4S
    Begging should be a sure shot.
    Just hang arround and communicate
    It is random. The iMore Staffers are trolling the thread and picking the winners at random.
    I already have iOS 6 on both my iPhone 4S and iPad 3. Lifehacker had an article up last week with the GM builds so I installed them. I did it last year and had no problems so I figured I'd do it again.

I've been really enjoying the Do Not Disturb feature at night, as it allows me to keep my ringer on just in case someone needs me. I used the new reject-a-call-and-text-back-immediately feature last night while at work. Pretty handy actually. Panorama looks cool, but with school I haven't had a chance to go out somewhere good and try it yet. Hopefully it works as well as Microsoft's panorama app.

I haven't had a chance to play around with navigation in the new Maps yet, as my new to me car has navigation built in, making my iPhone's nav not really needed. Maybe I'll put the two up against each other. See who is better: older Acura or brand new iPhone. Which do you think will be?

All in all, iOS 6 is a good improvement on iOS 5. Nothing ground breaking for me personally, but I still really enjoy some of the smaller features.
    09-19-2012 11:29 AM
    Wouldn't it be funny if you could do extreme couponing on Passbook lol?
    Actually I can see it helping couponers. I coupon myself using online coupons and passbook will help consolidate all that hopefully once more merchants get on board
    ice8lue likes this.
    I don't think the iPad 2 gets Siri only the iPad 3. I am a little bummed about this, but oh well. I still love my iPad 2.
    That's a bummer. I was really hoping to get Siri for the iPad.
    CANNOT WAIT!!! WHY AM I SCREAMING...? Love this site!!
    09-19-2012 11:30 AM
    So where's everyone from?
    Might be useful: iOS release times around the world.
    iRy757 and ChaosShadow like this.
    Been stalking the heck out of this thread since this morning. Going to be updating my iPad 2 and iPhone 4 today. Going to wait on the 3GS updating tho till I know it won't break the heck out of them haha. At least one of our kids will get new update since this iPhone I am on becomes an iPod in a couple days
    Can we get iOS6 over the air? Or do we have to do it through iTunes?
1,571 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD