So I thought that's what it used, and I'm finally on the GM but noticed that the maps where i live are horrible. But when I go to OpenStreetMap's site they're even better than the ones Google uses for my region at least. So my question is, is it actually using the production Maps?

ok found the answer their main maps are the TomTom ones which seem not to be that good for my area. Wish i could force it to use the openstreetmap's which are better for me.

Guess I Answered my own question. Sorry.
    Last edited by ecr80; 09-18-2012 at 12:37 AM.
    09-17-2012 11:32 PM
    Ios 6 maps are horrible! Horrible! Horrible! I really want to like them but the search finds absolutely nothing. For example I look for a Goodwill donation center which is right down the street and maps returns 1 result 15 miles away. Now I know for a fact there is probably 8 locations between here and there but Maps insists that's the only one. Big step back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-18-2012 12:34 PM
    Does the google maps app disappear if you upgrade from iOS5 to 6? If it does, I probably won't upgrade until they release a good version to be downloaded from the appstore.
    09-19-2012 08:52 AM
    Yep they are gone, just apple apps. I don't believe that google has maps in the app store yet.

Tapatalk iPhone 4s
    09-19-2012 08:55 AM
    Damn... that's horrible news. I rely on the maps app A LOT, will wait a few weeks to get more user feedback before considering ditching the app. Hopefully google comes out with a downloadable version (although they are incentivized not to as the builders of Droid).
    09-19-2012 08:57 AM
    From what I understand they plan on releasing an app, just haven't said when.

Tapatalk iPhone 4s
    09-19-2012 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD