iOS Jump

CappyGuy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
So this iOS 6 thing apparently it has many many features. So should I be prepared for a long upload and a big difference with my iPhone routine. Well I know that there is gonna be a big difference but will I have to hook up to the computer and update and do this over night or can I do it wireless and in a short period of time. I'm not trying to sound like I can't wait I was just wondering.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
ATM i do not think there is a definitive answer whether you will be able to go to 6.0 wirelessly

the update process shouldn't take long at all. except if you're trying once it is released due to server overload

i see that you're currently on 5.1.1 ... i wouldn't say iOS 6 is a BIG update by any means but there are some pretty cool features. since you have the iPhone 4 there are some features you just simply will not get. do a google search regarding that matter (iOS 6 features on the iPhone 4)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
BLiNK is right.

The GM release is in the neighborhood of 800-900 MB, depending on your device. That would be killer, but that is the .ipsw file that is needed to upgrade via iTunes.

Typically, the OTA updates are significantly smaller because instead of the whole OS, you only get the delta between the two and just apply that on top of your current OS. But as BLiNK has said, it's not known yet whether OTA will be an option for the jump to iOS 6 yet or not.

CappyGuy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
So I did do some research and there are only a few features that the iPhone 4 dose not get but that is only face time over 3G and Siri features. But I do doubt that we will be able to download wirelessly because it will be so mass. Well if we could it would probley overload the sever and have your device would crap itself. Thankyou for the research idea bl!nk.
-Power To The Players

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox