hi! how's your iOS 6 battery life?

elvinjaveth

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Horrible Battery Life

I am having horrible battery life. I loaded GM from beta 4 and charged my iphone 4 to 100% and i left my house today at about 5:00PM. At 9:30PM I checked my iphone and it said 10% left and I didnt even use it while i was gone exept to check the time 3 times. No calls, only two texts received, and a voicemail received. I dont think that should make my iphone drain 90% in about 5 hours. It said that I used my iphone for 5 hours and I really didn't.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I am having horrible battery life. I loaded GM from beta 4 and charged my iphone 4 to 100% and i left my house today at about 5:00PM. At 9:30PM I checked my iphone and it said 10% left and I didnt even use it while i was gone exept to check the time 3 times. No calls, only two texts received, and a voicemail received. I dont think that should make my iphone drain 90% in about 5 hours. It said that I used my iphone for 5 hours and I really didn't.

wow, that is abnormal for sure. first thing you want to do is a reboot..

if that does not correct it then you may want to consider doing a Restore

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
For some reason my phone shuts off at 5%. I can't do anything. I plug it in till the phone powers on, At this point I'm at 6%. I unplug it and it shuts off again. Anyone else have this happen?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
For some reason my phone shuts off at 5%. I can't do anything. I plug it in till the phone powers on, At this point I'm at 6%. I unplug it and it shuts off again. Anyone else have this happen?

that's crazy. just curious, did you restore from backup or setup as new?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

My daughters i4 on ios5 was also doing this. Except hers was a little more worse off...it would shut down at 96% or 70-something percent and absolutely would not turn on until it was plugged in. It would then reboot itself and stay on....as long as it was plugged in. SO we thought it was the battery. Changed it. Worked ok for a day and then the same cycle started over again. Went to apple & they suggested usb'ing it into dfu mode, reload the software starting off as new. All she did was put her contacts and calendar from the cloud, and added back just 3 of her apps manually. Same sh!t alll over again & the crash list was saying low memory, although at this point she had 8/9g FREE. Which made no sense. Went back to Apple, Turns out the mother board had fried itself.....:confused: but because she cracked the front & back and then replacing it with black instead of white, Apple unfortunately couldn't do anything for her because it was "altered" (which I completely understand) Apple did offer her a new ph for $500 but at this point she can't afford that right now SO she's iPhone-less and hating on her bb she had to use as a back up right now. I'll prob give up my upgrade (to the i5) to her so she can get back into an iPhone again and be happy:);)

Idk if this will help you, and prob not be good news if you wind up with the same prob she did.

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Nutn says love more than giving up your upgrade! #MomsAreTheBest

:eek: thanks....and I know if I was my daughter at this point I'd be hoping for a mom like me passing off the upgrade so I could be happy with an iPhone again:) lol

My 4S runs great so I can have patience and just wait it out;)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
:eek: thanks....and I know if I was my daughter at this point I'd be hoping for a mom like me passing off the upgrade so I could be happy with an iPhone again:) lol

My 4S runs great so I can have patience and just wait it out;)

Plus you have all those cases...

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
which, collectively, she could've bought an iPhone 5 with :rolleyes: cases are soooo overrated, i swear

well, maybe for you they're "overrated" - i, on the other hand, enjoy having and using them! :D and whether i had all of those cases or not, i still would give up my upgrade to my daughter so she can get herself back into an iphone:)
i have patience, i can wait till theres another upgrade on the acct ready for me to use;)

@Fausty - LMAO!!! :D

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
well, maybe for you they're "overrated" - i, on the other hand, enjoy having and using them!

ridiculous. you have ONE phone and 136 cases. STOP BUYING CASES and treat your husband to a nice getaway weekend somewhere JFC

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
ridiculous. you have ONE phone and 136 cases. STOP BUYING CASES and treat your husband to a nice getaway weekend somewhere JFC

Me ridiculous, seriously?? Your the one carrying on & worrying about how many cases I have. Seriously, idk wtf your prob is and why you have such a hatred for cases or people who use them. :rolleyes: take a freakin chill pill and just realize that most people like to use a case, or have many to switch off from......GD, get over it already and stop being such a tool about it!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR