Ios6 gm???

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ahh, alright, thanks! As for the installation procedure, do I treat it like the betas?
1) Make a backup
2) Install a fresh 5.1.1
3) After it is activated, shift + click and choose iOS6 GM
4) Restore backup from 5.1.1
5) Win??

Yep... that pretty much sums it up... unless you want to set the device up as new... in which case, skip step 4.

And in OS X, step 3 is OPTION + CLICK...

Reactions: joosen

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont have developer account and will be waiting like the rest of the masses till next week. I was just wondering if the update for all will be OTA.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I dont have developer account and will be waiting like the rest of the masses till next week. I was just wondering if the update for all will be OTA.

The actual update from 5 to 6 should be OTA. I would be very shocked if not.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
what about all the people who got the ios 6 betas and are not developers or have udid accounts like me? I was not able to update over the air or log in as a developer to get my GM update. I had been able to update over the air to all the other betas until this GM.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
what about all the people who got the ios 6 betas and are not developers or have udid accounts like me? I was not able to update over the air or log in as a developer to get my GM update. I had been able to update over the air to all the other betas until this GM.

The GM isn't updatable OTA whether you're on a beta or not. And whether you have a UDID or not, you can install the GM with or without a UDID registration. Just download the ipsw and install it through iTunes.

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
The GM isn't updatable OTA whether you're on a beta or not. And whether you have a UDID or not, you can install the GM with or without a UDID registration. Just download the ipsw and install it through iTunes.

Could you possibly upload the GM ipsw or guide me in the right direction to get the direct download? I have a developer account yet my apple ID and password aren't working for the developer site in order to get the download. You or anyone could be a great help! Btw, I love the Heisenberg pic!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

you don't need a dev account.. just download the GM and get it over with - and get over yourself while your at it :)

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
downloaded the iOS 6 GM last night... installed this morning... restoring now... but noticed that the Panorama feature is there and functional on iphone 4S!!! and it works amazingly well! Better than any 3rd party app I've used (photosync was one of the better ones up to this point).

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Install was FAST and easy... don't really feel or see anything different. My brightness dimmed again, and of course Passport stuff just goes to a blank page on the iTunes site... looks the same overall. But really what were we expecting?

you need to go to passsource.com to set up anything for Passport.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I incorrectly put in my unlock code 3 times this morning and Chuck Norris popped out of the phone and roundhouse kicked me. Has this happened to anybody else?

Yes :(

Wish I would have read this before hand... could have saved me ice compresses!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
you need to go to passsource.com to set up anything for Passport.

I gave up on that, tried 3x to get a Starbucks one to work.. just times out, never creates. I will just wait until companies start adopting the feature. Plus I don't want to pay Passsource.com $8 a month to use their service.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods